Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another fine example of Alaskan humanity

Angry Yet another fine example of Alaskan humanity

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Really not too much you can say on that one. Maybe kick him out of Alaska forever with what ever other fines he gets.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 01-15-2020 at 08:40.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

I think this calls for some serious time. I wonder how many total moose he took out of the "economy"--certainly more than just 25 when you consider offspring. He better hope DW is not on his jury--her immediate response was "life in prison!"

If anyone see this printed in a different newspaper please post the link.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

!!!misdemeanor???!!!!
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Thanks.............but that is another newspaper that you have to subscribe to read.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Thanks.............but that is another place I have to pay to read.

Go here---> https://www.juneau.com/aggregator/sources/8 and scroll down until you find it. Currently it's the 5th story down, but that changes constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Go here---> https://www.juneau.com/aggregator/sources/8 and scroll down until you find it. Currently it's the 5th story down, but that changes constantly.
    Thank You........I really appreciate the help. I was able to read to article there.......Thanks.

One of my biggest fears, is coming up to one of my wolf snares and finding a moose. And this guy goes out and purposely sets for them. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    One of my biggest fears, is coming up to one of my wolf snares and finding a moose. And this guy goes out and purposely sets for them. Unbelievable.
    But does it really surprise you? In this day in age nothing a human being does, both good and bad, actually surprises me anymore. Some folks are capable of such good and then the same is true in the other direction. Remember, and I don't know if it's still going on or not, but not long ago kids in the "big city" were killing each other so they could steal their high dollar tennis shoes. Yes, to people that actually have a conscience, what this guy did is sick, but shouldn't really surprise any of us anymore.....unfortunately. I guess it's sad that I've actually become numb to it these days. But I still try and manage to look on the bright side.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Seems strange for someone that young. Would be interesting to know if he was raised here, and who taught him, how long he has been trapping in Alaska. Is he operating alone, etc.. I don't doubt the charges, just strikes me as the kind of behavior of someone much older.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Thanks.............but that is another newspaper that you have to subscribe to read.
    On pretty much any internet browser there is a private or incognito mode you can go into and view these pay sites without paying. Typically in the upper right hand corner of your browser you can click on three dots or dashes and open a drop-down tab to open a new window in one of these privacy modes, no subscription required on most news sites using that method.
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan54 View Post
    On pretty much any internet browser there is a private or incognito mode you can go into and view these pay sites without paying. Typically in the upper right hand corner of your browser you can click on three dots or dashes and open a drop-down tab to open a new window in one of these privacy modes, no subscription required on most news sites using that method.
    Newsminer and ADN specifically block users in private/incognito mode...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SqZH2K.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	98637

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Newsminer and ADN specifically block users in private/incognito mode...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SqZH2K.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	98637
    Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong because I can view both articles while going incognito and in regular browser mode. I don't frequent either site, and typically only visit when I am in private/incognito so maybe that has something to do with it? Have you cleared your browsing history and cookies recently?
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan54 View Post
    Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong because I can view both articles while going incognito and in regular browser mode. I don't frequent either site, and typically only visit when I am in private/incognito so maybe that has something to do with it? Have you cleared your browsing history and cookies recently?
    For several years, I viewed the ADN in private/incognito and would need to clear browsing history and cookies after reading three or four articles. They have recently found a way around this option. As much as I hate the ADN, I finally paid for a subscription because it is about the best site for me to view up to date local news. I'm a Mac user and my browser is usually Safari. Perhaps things work differently for Windows users. However, I started having the same problem accessing from work before I retired and I used a Windows machine while at work.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

This guy need to lose his hunting and trapping license for life, and jail time .

Quote Originally Posted by ak rob View Post
    This guy need to lose his hunting and trapping license for life, and jail time .
    Yup.

A $10,000.00 fine? That should be a $10,000.00 fine for each moose.

Curious as to why there is only 4 counts of a Class A Misdemeanor? I would think there should be 25 counts of wanton waste minimum, on top of the marten sets and the use of game meat as bait.
    IMO this has to be one of the biggest Poaching cases in the state for a long time. 25 moose not salvaging the meat. Not to mention how many cows he harvested that would lead to how many more moose in future generations? The poaching case in Anchor Point a few years back was bad and had a ton of charges. This case is "20" (moose) times worse and seems to be lighter repercussions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast