Thread: WANTED Dan Wesson Model 44 AGS Alaskan Guide .445 Super Magnum

Default WANTED Dan Wesson Model 44 AGS Alaskan Guide .445 Super Magnum

Need a Dan Wesson Model 44 AGS Alaskan Guide .445 Super Magnum. Needs to be in good shape, intact and would prefer well cared for. Need the black matte version, not shiny stainless. Needs to be as below. This is to be for a gift so any extras like the case will also be appreciated. I will pay through Pay Pal to be safe. Not interested in other types as they are dead set on this one only. Not looking to trade. Purchase only. Contact through email as I don't check here often. Been here since 2007 ... not exactly new.

danw-7445ags.gif

Supporting Member

I have the .357 Maximum version. Awesome handgun.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Good luck! I wish I knew someone (other than my Wife) that'd gift me such a fine gun.

You might try posting on Dan Wesson Forum, small crowd, but pretty well informed.

Thanks for that. I knew about the forum but didn't think to post a want there.

I hope you can find one.

Under the "You should have been here last week." heading. Long ago there was a listing on Alaska List for a gun that looks a lot like what you're looking for. I don't remember any of the details. It was from the Alaskan Guide series, but was what seems to be a factory custom job. Base gun Plus another barrel assembly & cylinder of another caliber fitted to the gun. It wasn't a big jump like 22 to 44 but more like .44 to .44 bigger something as I remember.

I tried a search and came up with nothing. I glanced back over 85 pages and didn't see it, so was a long time ago.

There are some gems hiding up here.

Last year of manufacture was 2007 I believe. There are lots of photos online of it but no active sales that I can locate so far.