Thread: About Alaska Wildlife Art Taxidermy in Palmer???

Default About Alaska Wildlife Art Taxidermy in Palmer???

Anyone have any ideas how to get ahold of these guys? I tried the number on Google search, but it sounds like it’s disconnected?

Thanks.

I think he moved to Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, quest32a

Quote Originally Posted by quest32a View Post
    I think he moved to Texas.
    She (?)...

Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    Morning all! Just wanted to clarify to members here about rumors they may have heard about my closing the shop. I did post on my FB page that I was going to close and when my friend and former co worker found out, he offered to buy it and take over.

Yes, I am moving - No, the shop is NOT closing. I am selling the shop to Jamie Altenburger, an accomplished taxidermist of near 2 decades who was a co-worker of mine for several years at Foster's Taxidermy. Jamie will be working at the shop with me over the next 5-6 months to get up to speed on the business side of taxidermy and to help make a nice seamless transition for current and future customers. He has a great deal of experience with both N American Game and African Game.

Indeed, I was married last year (Yay!) and my husband and I have decided to make a big move to the Show Me State - Missouri! I get a lot of questions from customers who wonder WHY I would ever leave a glorious state like AK. Well, I have enjoyed the glory for near 30 yrs now and I am pretty much done with winter! I will most definitely continue doing taxidermy once we get settled in.

I will say this - it is VERY bittersweet to me to be leaving this business that I have worked VERY hard to establish and I truly, truly appreciate every single one of my customers for their support and many referrals!

I apologize in advance if I do not respond on this post or to private messages - I just don't have time to get on the forum often.... If anyone needs to contact me, they may do so at my cell phone by text or phone call.
    907-715-4112

Very best to you all,
    Juli Bottjen (formerly Wolter )
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    She (?)...
    Was totally thinking of someone else. Similar name to the studio, but he did move to Texas. My answer still wasn’t far off... haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    She (?)...
    Julies shop was in Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Julies shop was in Wasilla
    Never been there. I only know what her posts, profile, and the internet tell me :

Alaska Wildlife Art
    3601 N Palmer-Fishhook Rd, Palmer, AK 99645
    (907) 745-2180
    That aside, it does seem to appear as though the guy who bought her out didn't last long...(?)
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Julies shop was in Wasilla not Palmer and Jamie was still n the same spot in August when I was there. It is Alaska’s True North Taxidermy now and his number is 907-315-5206.

I am certain folks are talking about two different places.

Juli's shop was called Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy, not Alaska Wildlife Art Taxidermy.
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Juli made a nice DVD on how to skin a bear so us nonexpert guys don't destroy it before we get it to the shop. When I picked mine up she was kind enough to pull out a bear hide and show on the real thing where the cuts should be. Nice lady.

Julie was very nice and knowledgable when I asked about calico colored fox the first time I saw one. I much appreciate when folks share their experience and knowledge.