Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wildlife Troopers Charge Suspects in Illegal Big Game Guiding Operation

Quote Originally Posted by twodux View Post
    Whoaaaa big fella. I did read the report. And this is what I got out of it from what I read.

"following an investigation that began in September 2018 after Alaska Wildlife Troopers discovered employees at Gold King Creek Mine to be in possession of an illegally harvested moose. "

"Multiple search warrants were served and clients from Canada and the Lower 48were interviewed resulting in Cannon and Chuderewicz, Jr., being jointly charged with Guiding or Advertising without a License, Unlawful Possession and Transportation of Game"

So employees of the Gold Creek Mine were found to be in possession of an illegally harvested moose. The only people charged with illegal possession were Cannon and Chuderewicz. Therefore I deduce that Cannon and Chuderewicz were the "Employees of Gold King Creek Mine" If that is the case, this illegal activity happened while they were working as miners. And the ill gotten loot, a moose, was found at the mine. A mine community is fairly concentrated and everybody pretty much knows everybody. It would be pretty hard for an insider to bring an animal the size of a moose into camp without it becoming common knowledge. And if the miscreants didn't work there, it would be next to impossible. So others in the camp had to know. Maybe someone there didn't approve and tipped off the troopers and that was why they "showed up on a routine patrol".

As for any other "clients". My best guess is that they are also employees at the mine, if there are even indeed, more "clients". If those charged were indeed employees of the mine as it appears, it would be pretty hard to run an actual illegal guiding enterprise in the course of their duties as mine employees. If that was the case their bosses would have to have known and approved of it, and no one else was charged.

Again, most likely some guys at the mine decided to dump a moose out of season and Fish and game charged them with every little thing they could to get them to plea out. The only thing is, the only way they can get them for illegal "commercial guiding" is if the Canadian actually paid them for the hunt.

We will see.
    Here's what appears to be their website and Facebook page
    http://goldkingcreekalaskaadventures.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/goldkingcreekalaskaadventures/

Doesn't really look like what most would think of when thinking of mining, more like a gold diggers vacation or self-guided gold digging trip with full amenities. Going from a self-guided gold digging trip with full amenities to an illegal guided moose hunt might help some make sense of it.
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan54 View Post
    Here's what appears to be their website and Facebook page
    I hunted in there about 15+ years ago when they were a typical "don't tread on me" type bush mining operation and not very friendly to "visitors" to the area. Their apparent morph into a touristy operation has apparently occurred in more recent years.

If one were busted for what is alleged, presumably one would subsequently scrub one's web presence of anything which might imply an intent to continue such illegal activity as alleged...so I wouldn't expect to see anything of the like on their webpages at this point in time. That said, it seems a bit curious that an outfit which now ostensibly portrays itself as devoted to a recreational gold prospecting clientele would have on their "affiliates" tab a link to Safari Club International. Seems a bit of an incongruous "affiliation", doesn't it? Perhaps they overlooked sanitizing that little detail.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

What their webpage looked like August 8 2018:

Attached Images Attached Images
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Supporting Member

Guess I better start offering snow machining tours out north.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Well now, with the latest from PatsFan and iofthetaiga, its starting to look more like a brazen illegal commercial guiding operation. Run out of a mining operation, such as it is. How dumb to offer illegal hunts on the interwebs. Not very bright. Wonder why a Canadian would come all the way to Alaska for a moose hunt? There are plenty of places in Canada where he could hunt for a lot less money.

And Mr Cannon not only appears to work at the mine but seems to be an owner or at the least a manager.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Inre post #4, Shankster no longer has a guide license. \

Quote Originally Posted by iyouktug View Post
    Just stating facts.
    I take it this is your final report from your meticulous investigation, I've been anxiously awaiting your final report but since your facts are not facts at all I guess this is it. The next time I need a random person to comment on my comments and not at all about the subject at hand and to do so in such an ill-informed and incorrect manner I will keep you in mind.

Thank you for your contribution, or more appropriately lack thereof, to this conversation.
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    What their webpage looked like August 8 2018:

Hmmmm, opened in 2018, hunted illegally and investigated with in 5 months, busted in 2019. Must not have wanted too stay in business too long or they thought that their scheme was rock solid...

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan54 View Post
    I take it this is your final report from your meticulous investigation, I've been anxiously awaiting your final report but since your facts are not facts at all I guess this is it. The next time I need a random person to comment on my comments and not at all about the subject at hand and to do so in such an ill-informed and incorrect manner I will keep you in mind.

Thank you for your contribution, or more appropriately lack thereof, to this conversation.

You're Welcome, and I still feel I made a decent comment and will stand by it as I feel I was correct in doing so. As for a final report like I said I am doing this very meticulously and have just been gathering more facts and information from multiple sources which takes time. Let me sit down and put something together in the next week.

Right now I am just trying to picture everything from the sidelines as I spy out more information to deflate this case.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 01-01-2020 at 10:00.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12