Thread: boat alteration

Talking boat alteration

Just thought I'd post a picture of our boat and what my friend and I have done to better help it suit our needs. It is a 21' - 2001 North River. The rack holds two Mokai's up top and two kayaks either side. We know it might be a bit top heavy, so we are careful and avoid making any quick or sharp turns. I'll tell you, the machine sure does its work! Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice pic. That is exactly what we have been considering doing since last year minus the two kayaks. Looks like it'll work good.

looks great! what is that on the sides? can you post a pic from the rear and a side shot also?

Default Rear/side view

I do have one view showing the rear/side, but the file size is too large and I don't know how to resize it. I will post the photo when my son shows me how, sorry. In the meantime, I can describe the construction: the vertical and rear-to-front tubing is 2" diameter, horizontal rails are 1"x2-1/2". We added 1-1/2" diagonal tubing to stiffen the frame, and later added a 1" diameter mid rail tube so as to protect the canvas top when boats are mounted. Of course, all metal is aluminum and was fabricated by a local boat builder. We also added the front and rear headlights for night service. The white stuff is 1" thick nylon, or something like that, and contour to the Mokai hulls. Cost was $800, plus the lights. Other than the light wiring, the whole thing is held in place with 8 bolts, so can be removed if needed.