Thread: Korker wading boots

Default Korker wading boots

Anyone have any experience with korker boots and the omnitrax soles?
    Noticed they have a few different versions from aluminum bars with studs or
    just plain studs. Had a tough time staying upright in a few streams last
    year thought I’d try something new. Thxs.

Yes, I have Korker boots with Omnitrax soles, in both studded and non-studded versions, and also studded felts. It seems like a good idea to have interchangable soles, but the reality is, the soles just don't last with the attachment straps and they fall off really easily. Get stuck in mud, bingo, they pull off. The flimsy straps crack very easily and then once that happens they are useless because they fall off. I got only a year on my Korkers before the straps cracked and had to throw them out, whereas I usually get around 5 years on my Simms boots. I'm glad that I won the Korkers at my FF club raffle, and didn't spend my own money, or I would have been angry. I would never buy them.

Thanks for the info hadn’t even thought about the soles pulling
    off like that. Guess I better start looking at Simms. Thxs again

I complete concur w/ NorCalBob. I lost soles repeatedly in the mud. Got Simms in 2019.

Another one who had soles fall off... eventually took Simms studs and screwed the soles into the boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys, sounds like better shop for something else.😊

Mine haven't arrived yet but these are getting good reviews...

http://www.hodgman.com/hodgman-wade-...a/1405268.html

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NorcalBob View Post
    Yes, I have Korker boots with Omnitrax soles, in both studded and non-studded versions, and also studded felts. It seems like a good idea to have interchangable soles, but the reality is, the soles just don't last with the attachment straps and they fall off really easily. Get stuck in mud, bingo, they pull off. The flimsy straps crack very easily and then once that happens they are useless because they fall off. I got only a year on my Korkers before the straps cracked and had to throw them out, whereas I usually get around 5 years on my Simms boots. I'm glad that I won the Korkers at my FF club raffle, and didn't spend my own money, or I would have been angry. I would never buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveAK View Post
    I complete concur w/ NorCalBob. I lost soles repeatedly in the mud. Got Simms in 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by quest32a View Post
    Another one who had soles fall off... eventually took Simms studs and screwed the soles into the boots.

Hmmm... Interesting. Just bought a pair of Korkers for the first time last fall. I haven't had this problem yet. Wish I would have known this ahead of time. Can't you just buy new soles for the Korkers? Seems like a simple fix.

Yes, you can buy new soles from Korkers. Priced from $49.99-69.99. And you still get a crummy, flimsy strap to break. As I said earlier, mine have lasted about a year. Actually, Quest has the best (and cheapest) idea I've seen, screw the soles onto the boot when that strap breaks!

I had a pair of Korkers for about 5 years before I had any problems. The strap was never a problem but the knob on the back of the boot near the ankle finally broke off of the boot in the end. I lived in these boots for many days at a time of 7-10 day floats. I too purchased another pair of Korkers last fall to replace my old pair.

Quote Originally Posted by NorcalBob View Post
    Yes, you can buy new soles from Korkers. Priced from $49.99-69.99. And you still get a crummy, flimsy strap to break. As I said earlier, mine have lasted about a year. Actually, Quest has the best (and cheapest) idea I've seen, screw the soles onto the boot when that strap breaks!
    This was 2 years ago too... still going strong. Haha.

I've been using Korkers for several years now, and started using the omnitrax studs last year. Love 'em. I've only had a strap break once. I contacted Korker's customer service and they sent me a new pair of soles with omnitrax studs, no charge (which were the ones that broke). They just asked for pictures of the broken strap. I've also had the soles come off in the mud. I try and avoid "sucking" mud when I can, but it does happen. No answer for that one except that I've been wearing them long enough that I know the feeling when it comes off. Haven't lost one yet. It's happened three or four times since I've been using them. Easy to put back on. I like the versatility of being able to swap soles out between rafting and wading, although with the omnitrax soles it isn't a big deal anymore.

Good Info...should save a lot of people some money. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angler021 View Post
    I like the versatility of being able to swap soles out between rafting and wading
    This is why I bought them. Rafting and wading

I have 2 pairs of Korkers, I bought a new pair last year because I wore the boot out, they lasted me 8 or 9 years. The only issue I had was a sole falling off in the mud, but to be fair the mud I got stuck in also about pulled my boot off too, so I don’t think it was a faulty product. So yeah I have no problems giving them my money, doesn’t mean you have too, but at least you know where you might have issues, doesn’t mean you will.

I have been using Korkers since they made the swap to no felt. When I did have an issue with a pair (back stud broke off), Korkers was good to work with and they sent a new pair.

Any time you use a removable sole, just know that given enough time, it WILL fall off at a very awkward time. Nothing like blowing out a tire in the middle of a very fast flowing, slick bottomed stream! Korkers also makes fixed sole boots. Their tread designs have all worked very well for me, and the fit has been good. I moved away from replaceable soles and now use only fixed, be it Korker or SIMMS. The Simms screw in Carbides are pretty gentle on raft bottoms, as they have no long spikes to stick into the rubber.

My korkers will see their 4th year of service this year and no issues, I love them

Sounds like Korker boots has good enough warranty to at least try
    them on and some others and just go from there. Thxs for everyone’s input.