Thread: Raspberry Island

Default Raspberry Island

Any advice on transport to raspberry island for elk? Don't have dates or anything yet but it'd be next October or November. Just seeing what the price ranges are and options. Also anyone people would recommend or stay away from. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Andrews or Seahawk are both awesome. We flew Andrews 2 years ago to Raspberry and I think it was around 1300 or so for a Beaver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From where? If Kodiak, I can assist/advise. P.M. me

We stayed with Birch out at Raspberry Island Remote Lodge for the week and had some success for elk/deer this year. Cost was ~2300 + tips for the week but we had warm beds and daily transportation to different parts of the island each day which is pretty critical if you end up in an area far from the herd to start off. Saw a number of groups out there who had taken boats out to camp on the beaches and saw a couple of airplanes that dropped people off around onion bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai1! View Post
    From where? If Kodiak, I can assist/advise. P.M. me
    I'm up in Fairbanks. I'd prefer a boat out if possible. Could fly out to Kodiak too depending on cost.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We spent a week with Lee Robbins (Birch’s dad) on and off a boat in the area including Halo and Kukak Bays bear viewing. He sold the lodge to Birch and his wife. Those folks really do know the island and have unguided hunts with transportation via boat or plane out of Kodiak. Might be a place to start search. Beautiful area!