Thread: Dm414

Default Dm414

Who else is excited to go shoot a cow moose on Sunday?? I'm just happy to have a reason to get out hunting in December!

Hey tyrex...I drew this tag as well this year, I’ll be up in a few days. How has your hunt gone so far?

Headed out this morning for the weekend. First time getting out, didn't make it out last Sunday.

I'd be excited too!!! I've talked to the old timers that told me of the late season they used to have on the Kenai that ended somewhere around 40 years ago or more. They said hardly anybody would hunt the early season. Why should they put up with heat, bugs, and rain, when they didn't have to? It'd be fantastic to be able to go hunting right now! Good luck you lucky dog!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I've been out three times now. Bulls, bulls, and more bulls! I've seen cows, but they've been skittish and none has given me a clean shot. The bulls, though - they just stand around and look at me from 30 yards. Back after it tomorrow!

Where you all hunting? Trust me I'm not trying to get intel.. if I had the tag I know 2 spots I got to.. well 3..

Scratch that make that 4

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Where you all hunting? Trust me I'm not trying to get intel.. if I had the tag I know 2 spots I got to.. well 3..
    I'll send you a PM

ETA your inbox is full

My wife was able to take her December cow at 9:50 am on 12/1. Not only lucky to have opportunity so early, but icing on the cake was that she shot it in our garden! Moose was a 1 1/2 old cow that had been hanging around neighborhood for weeks. She exhibited strong signs of some one feeding her by approaching us with ears up every time she sees a human. Chased me into the garage twice in the past few weeks.
    Not a monster moose, but plenty of meat for us. Quality of the meat is off the chart!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary W View Post
    My wife was able to take her December cow at 9:50 am on 12/1. Not only lucky to have opportunity so early, but icing on the cake was that she shot it in our garden! Moose was a 1 1/2 old cow that had been hanging around neighborhood for weeks. She exhibited strong signs of some one feeding her by approaching us with ears up every time she sees a human. Chased me into the garage twice in the past few weeks.
    Not a monster moose, but plenty of meat for us. Quality of the meat is off the chart!
    I agree 100%. I shot my second cow ever this fall/winter. The meat is absolutely fantastic. It's the cleanest, non-game tasting meat I've ever had.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly