Thread: ANC Gunshow - What did you get?

Default ANC Gunshow - What did you get?

Is it just me or was the gunshow here in Anchorage this weekend a little bit of a dissapointment? My buddy and I walked the entire show in under two hours, it seemed like there werent as many tables as there have been in the past. I heard they jacked the table price up 50%?

Oh well, I still managed to add this Smith Model 19 357 mag to the revolver collection. What did everyone else end up with?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Anch gunshow

I totally agree with you the Anch. show is horrible. I don't necessarily dislike the display booths as long as there is plenty of gun selling booths. I think I will not be attending the Anch. shows I will be going to Palmer shows exclusively.

Its always the same junk, it just moves to a different table.
    If you need a used rifle and want to pay more than a new one costs locally at Boondocks or Sportsmans Warehouse then this gun show is for you!
    Tennessee

Randy, I'm right with you! I thought gun shows were where you went to get good prices and items that the local stores just don't carry. I wanted to ask half the vendors if they knew most of the gun shops had better prices than they did!

Had my knife sharpened, though.

Well now I am glad I did not go...
    I was SUPPOSED to have a client this weekend....
    He and his wife were a No-Show.... and the weather was perfect for flying...
    So I got stuck with yard duty by the wife....

I guess that means I got a sore back and more calluses...(sp)
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I agree the show was kind of disappointing. Very little interesting stuff and high prices. I did manage to sell a rifle walking around and then picked up a remington 300 WSM SPS for a pretty good price at Great northern.

Here is a pic of the WSM that i picked up. I redid the stock with some krylon texture paint, looks a lot better than the standard synthetic stock.

I went Sunday and it was a big disappointment. I hadn't been to one in Anchorage in about two years and now I remember why. Wasted the 7 bucks. .338-06 was right, just a little looking around town will get you much better prices, heck Walmart easily beat alot of the prices.