Thread: bow fishing?

Default bow fishing?

Does anyone know the regulatory status of bow fishing in AK? I have seen arrows listed on the can't use list in the statewide reg's.... but then it says that regional exceptions may be allowed.. I've been looking in some of the regional regs but I'm not seeing anything one way or the other....

any guidance or suggestions out there??

Northern pike in anchorage and kenai peninsula waters are game for bowfishgin. And there are some places where you cn bowfish for whitefish and burbot... But i forgot teh exact location

Alexander Lake Is Only Lake In South Central That Does Not Allow Bowfishing For Pike. F & G Has Pamphlet That Tells Where They Are Located.
    Lake Louise And It's Drainages Are Open For Suckers And Whitefish As Well As Drainages Of The Tananna (sp) But Pike And Whitefish Close ?????15 May And Reopen 15 Sept?????? Not Sure About Dates 100%. Fishing Regs Online Will Spell It Out But I Don't Have The Printed Copy For That Area.
    I've Gotten 3 Out Of Stormy Lake On The Kenai This Year All About 24 Inches And About 2.5 Lbs. Seems To Be Alot More In Lakes In Valley.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER