Thread: Prop recommendation for 22' Searunner ET/HT with Yamaha 150

Default Prop recommendation for 22' Searunner ET/HT with Yamaha 150

Just purchased a F150 to replace an aging Yamaha 115. The boat is primarily run in PWS and out of Seward with 4 people and some shrimp gear on board. I know I want to go with a stainless prop but am curious to hear what diameter and pitch has worked well for others with the same or similar boat. Thanks

Go to http://www.yamahapropselector.com/propSelector/web/ and see what Yamaha recommends.

My 20’ Hewes ran 15 1/4-15 with the old (‘02?) F150 Yamaha. It was the black prop not the polished stainless one. It was slightly underpropped empty, just right with people, a couple halibut and full fuel. Had the 80gal tank. I like to run on the high rpm side of the envelope. The dealer says less problems that way, lugging them at all leads to an early death.

16 pitch for the stick black aluminum Yamaha. Maybe try 16 pitch in their Reliance line of props (since you wanted Stainless). The Reliance line was specifically designed with the F150 motor in mind.

Sobie2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I have two props to test out this weekend and will let you know the results. Thanks

Only tested one prop but it seemed to do the job. With a Yamaha black stainless steel 15.25" x 15 pitch prop we were able to achieve 5700 rpm and a top speed of 36.5 mph. The boat had 2 adults (approx 200 lbs each) about 150 lbs of trip gear and a full fuel tank, 85 gallons. We'll see how she does in the spring with four people and a little more gear.

Thanks