Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Really Long Post Where Opinions Are Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by boneguy View Post
    The longer the better!! I would avoid a fixed plan. Start south in May and work North. Just go with the flow weather, fires and people will be the major factors in how much you can take in. You may even want to visit the same place a few times weeks apart. The nice thing about renting for a year is you can do several return trips to look at places. Anchorage and the Mat Su Valley is a good central area to base out of for a year if you are undecided and want to spend more time looking.
    DENNY
    Yes, probably best if we rented for the year and also looked at more places as we may find another area we prefer more, thanks

Earlier someone suggested you buy a Milepost, and I second that advice. The Mile post is kind of pricey, so with Thrift in mind, I'd suggest you look on Amazon.com under used books for a more recent copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Old John View Post
    Earlier someone suggested you buy a Milepost, and I second that advice. The Mile post is kind of pricey, so with Thrift in mind, I'd suggest you look on Amazon.com under used books for a more recent copy.

thanks, i think i saw the newest version on amazon for $24 or $25 the other day when the other guy mentioned it. or maybe it was lasty ears, I´ll definitely get it for the trip

Quote Originally Posted by flopitdown View Post
    thanks, i think i saw the newest version on amazon for $24 or $25 the other day when the other guy mentioned it. or maybe it was lasty ears, I´ll definitely get it for the trip

Get it now! It has lots of info that will help you in your planning stage!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
    2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

If you work from home just rent a place for a few years while you travel on your free time. A few places may make you say OOoooohhhh but living there is a different story, thats why most people leave after a few years here.

If working from home requires fast internet access you'll pretty much be limited to city areas

Appreciate all of the help from everyone. I´ll post more in the forum in different sections depending on further questions we may have.
    But we added some new places to our car route and got some great advice and info, thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234