Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Draw Apps

The only thing better than draw tag season is seeing all the tin hat nut jobs talk about how the system is rigged!
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    The only thing better than draw tag season is seeing all the tin hat nut jobs talk about how the system is rigged!
    Well it is rigged. Only ADFG employees draw

Well and my wife. Maybe she knows somebody down there........

I have yet to begin to procrastinate

Of course it's rigged, but I ain't gonna complain 'cause once you figure it out there tags just roll right in!

Did they change the moose for 14? I thought last year there was something that said only 3 of the 6 could go for antlersss or (either sex) hunts, but I can't find it in the supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    Did they change the moose for 14? I thought last year there was something that said only 3 of the 6 could go for antlersss or (either sex) hunts, but I can't find it in the supplement.
    Pretty sure that change happened last year. You could always put all of your choices on antlerless hunts - the restriction was that only 3 could be for bull hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    Brian is correct. That change went into effect last year. I just checked the hunt supplement from last year and it said that it was "NEW" and that you could now put in for up to 6 bull moose applications. It wasn't anything unique to unit 14 either, it was statewide. Before, you were limited to a max of 3 bull moose hunt entries, so if you wanted to use all 6 of your entries, at least 3 had to be for antlerless hunts.

I went 13 years with nothing then went three years in a row drawing tags and now nothing for the last several years. even with my not so good draw odds I'd still not be in favor of any kind of bonus point system. I do believe that for the most part its all random but I have seen a few cases that make me believe that there are some instances where some chosen few people (usually F&G employees or affiliated somehow) have artificial extreme good luck year after year.
    But its still fun to wait for the results to come out and I will continue to hope for the tag of my dreams. No different than going to Vegas and dumping money into a machine hoping for a big pay day

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGrizz View Post
    I’ll definitely second the OP of this thread calling the yearly drawing hunt lottery the “annual donation to the state of Alaska”. In 29 years of continuous Alaska residency and putting in for multiple species resident hunts every year without exception...random drawings my foot!!! I’ve gotten one pathetic cow moose tag back in 2005, to show for my faithful 28 years of “donations” (always $75 or more)!!! There are way too many guys like Nick Muche posting above...going for 6 continuous years of “excellent permits”!!! I will say I’ve never put all 6 species choices on one hunt...I guess this is that year!! I’m all for some type of bonus point system based on years of residency and number of times put in and not drawn, like done in some other states drawing hunt permits...as well as more opportunities for disabled/ handicapped hunters. Good luck to everyone in this years draw...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12