Thread: Game ears recommendation

Default Game ears recommendation

Looking to add a set of game ears to the hunting gear. Have avoided them to date, only because I tend to lose small items like these very quickly. Looking to see what works for guys and what to avoid. Seems like Walker is a pretty common name in google searches.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Following. Thank for starting Tlingit, I'm interested in this one as well.

I have tried some in the past never tried the in ear ones always the over the ear muffs like Howard Leight or walker if you can find one with stereo Sound Amplification get those some only have directional hearing so its kinda hard to pinpoint were the sound is coming from without turning your head in every direction. If you want to try an inexpensive pair get the Walker's Razor Slim $35-45. I have used them for turkey hunting back south. Never trusted the sound cut off when firing the 10 gauge so I always took them off when the bird was in sight after all I was looking for was sound amplification
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

As a word of caution, a friend in PA shot a deer last year while wearing one of the most popular name brands. Evidently, the aids misfunctioned; Karl said the sound almost knocked him to his knees and temporarily paralyzed him. He experienced a loss of hearing (not total) lasting for a couple of months. This was a pair of the in the ear channel model.
    If anyone is interested, I could probably get you a deal on a pair, used one time.

I've used Walker in-ear model, but they don't offer enough protection. I want to keep what hearing I have left, so I use a band around the neck, which are fair at blocking noise but very handy. As an alternative I carry Mighty Plugs in my pocket to keep them warm so they can be molded in if there is time before a shot. They are great.
    RandyS