Thread: What’s wrong with this wolf picture ?

Default What’s wrong with this wolf picture ?

After this guy found out what he did by the response on social media he canceled his trip to the taxidermist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Horns make pi$* poor soup"

Looks like Bubba shot Bobby Joe's malamute! BUT....in Bubba's defense, if it was actually chasing a mulie, then depending on the state where he lives, he may have been within his rights to kill the dog. In AK. a person can legally shoot a dog that is harassing/chasing wild game. I haven't done it yet, but have been tempted a few times that's for sure. Enough so that I once put up a sign at the entrance to the subdivision warning people of that fact.

Years ago F&G was wanting people to kill any dog they saw out in north Kenai chasing game. They found out that domestic dogs had gone wild, formed packs, and were one of the main reasons the flatland caribou population had gone way down out that way.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Yeah this was in Wyoming . I can say he was within his right .... perhaps the dog was a distance away and who would expect a domestic dog outvand about ..... but to see it up close and skin it .....and still not realize it’s a dog . And someone was with him and didn’t notice either ( the photographer)

But in Wyoming there is a lot of private land hopefully he didn’t shoot the land owners family pet .... he may not get invited back to the ranch next season

"Horns make pi$* poor soup"

Quote Originally Posted by roughneck6883 View Post
    .....but to see it up close and skin it .....and still not realize it’s a dog.....
    Yeah, now that's another story altogether! Goes to show you though that people down that way sure haven't seen many wolves. I mean even at a distance it's really not that hard to tell a wolf from a dog, even a coyote from a dog or wolf, if you actually know what a wolf looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    In AK. a person can legally shoot a dog that is harassing/chasing wild game.
    That's been the case in every one of the states I've lived in....and I wouldn't hesitate.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    That's been the case in every one of the states I've lived in....and I wouldn't hesitate.
    Kinda figured it might be for all states, but don't know for sure. Unfortunately, the times I've seen dogs chasing moose I didn't have a gun with me. I peppered one once with my scattergun at a distance after I warned the neighbor about it tearing up my yard/deck trying to get to my dog in heat. Didn't kill it of course but didn't even like doing that. It's not the dog's fault. I have to say and much as I'd hate to kill someone's dog, I would. Especially if I know it's vicious.

Pretty lame on all sides....dog owners need to control their pets, and use hi-viz coverings on them while in the field....and hunters need to think critically and know what they're shooting at...

Then there's always the flip side of the coin:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8174356.html
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Well looks like I’m one hide short on my wall.......

Quote Originally Posted by coop22250 View Post
    Well looks like I’m one hide short on my wall.......
    I did indeed lol on that one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roughneck6883 View Post
    After this guy found out what he did by the response on social media he canceled his trip to the taxidermist

looks like a dog to me