Thread: Fire lake cement barricades blocking boat launch?

Default Fire lake cement barricades blocking boat launch?

Went by Fire Lake in Eagle River today and they have cement barricades blocking of the area where you could launch a boat, one narrow opening about 8ft wide? Any one know whats behind it? Only local place where you can run a power boat.

Maybe they, whomever "they" equates to, are attempting to adopt the Campbell Lake access model...

Sent Eagle River Parks and rec a E Mail asking why the barricades?

Called ER Parks and Rec. today apparently they were trying to limit large boats from using Fire Lake, there is a 50 hp motor size limit.

Explained that you could not safely launch most any boat now with out blocking road, with the steepness of the launch you backed in at an angle before.

If you use Fire Lake please call ER Parks and Rec 907-343-1500 and express your opinion.

OK Called Palmer F&G DOT put barricades in place. Apparently for winter season to keep vehicles off the lake . Expressed my concern that lake remain open for power boating.

Quote Originally Posted by kk alaska View Post
    OK Called Palmer F&G DOT put barricades in place. Apparently for winter season to keep vehicles off the lake . Expressed my concern that lake remain open for power boating.
    They do something similar on my lake.
    Telephone pole across the ramp so vehicles don't go on the ice until it's safe.
    PIA as the ramp it's done on stays liquid later than the main ramp.
    The pole disappears when the ice is safe to drive on.
    I now have this to get to my cabin during the shoulder seasons.