Thread: Cheapest 9mm ammo?

Default Cheapest 9mm ammo?

So I have a Glock 48 and I work it out quiet a bit. But as with most things repetition gets spendy.
    Currently shooting federal aluminum for about .20 a round. Where can I find cheaper or is there someone that loves handload I can work a deal with??
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

If you aren't in a hurry and don't mind waiting in line on black friday sportsman's warehouse always has 9mm on sale. Last year it was 500 rounds for 59.99 after a mail in rebate which worked out to .12 a round. Year before it was 49.99 for 350 rounds or .14 a round without having to deal with a rebate.

Cabela's has Winchester 500 round pack for 99.99 advertised right now. Same price as the federal you are shooting but at least you can save the brass with Winchester incase you find someone willing to reload.

NEVER shoot someone else's reloads in your gun. It is a recipe for disaster. Reload your own ammo. That way you have control over how it is done.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    NEVER shoot someone else's reloads in your gun. It is a recipe for disaster. Reload your own ammo. That way you have control over how it is done.
    Well. That leaves me back at factory ammo.
    Master guide 212

Walmart has the 500 round bricks of Winchester FMC for $95.00

Jake could start to reload? I checked some prices at Three Bears yesterday: Powder would cost about 0.02, primer 0.03. Bulk bullets from Midsouth could run about 0.11 plus shipping. Add a 0.01 for rounding error; puts you about $0.17 per load to reload IF you already have the brass and equipment. Three Bears has the RCBS Rock Chucker kit for $279.99 and a set of dies & shell holder would set you back another $30 or $40.

You could get rich saving $0.03 per round.

Reloading and six kids....hmmmm my day is 25.37
    Hours long, leaving me a extra -21.23 hours to reload....soooo.....
    No

I do know guys that are reloading for 9-10 cents a round currently.
    Master guide 212

[QUOTE=

I do know guys that are reloading for 9-10 cents a round currently.[/QUOTE]

But. That is just cost of materials. What is your time worth if you are going to sell/trade your reloads? ( A dangerous and silly thing to do, in my humble opinion.)
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I get it, if you buy large bulk you can trim some cost. Play with the powder to get the most loads per pound (the above example was for Unique just because I had the price in front of me), etc. Same with casting your own lead bullets (more negative time?) or buy bulk lead bullets.

I checked out an old Dillon sales book (July) and they had a 9mm machine kit on sale for around $1300. That would help with that negative time.

I'm not a fan of the 9 so don't load it much.

I know a couple that shoot 9. She shoots a LOT! They don't reload. Cost / Time just doesn't work out for them.

This thread started to help me find the cheapest option for ammo be in a store, or individual who was looking for someone to pay for their hobby. I will not be handload it myself. Just looking for the best deal.
    Master guide 212

As far as "factory" ammo goes, the "cheapest" may not be the best deal. If you buy Remington, Federal, or Winchester, you will probably do OK. Buying the "cheapest" ammo may be counter-productive, as the performance, or lack thereof, may make it a bad buy. You will probably get the "cheapest" results. There is no substitute for quality. I recommend avoiding anything that is "remanufactured". First run ammo gives the most consistent results in my experience. As already mentioned, buying quality ammo,(Winchester), for instance, on sale, in large quantities, is a good bet.

Your .09$ per round friends must get their lead free and buy powder by the 100 pound keg and primers by the million. Then they must not use electricity or propane in their smelting pot...wood fire, whacked down with an axe maybe? And then a subsonic load? I donít load 9mm because the savings just isnít there. Full house bear loads in long colt all day long though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iíve shot a bunch of that Mexican stuff, Magtech I think? Itís ok for inexpensive fodder. If youíre near the big outdoor stores, itís hard to beat their prices when comparing new to reloads on things like 9mil, .38 Special, and .40 Smith.

Some of the chit I read in this site blows my mind..