Thread: Interesting Prop Design.

Default Interesting Prop Design.

I've been looking at those. Supposedly releasing prices at the Miami international boat show this winter. I'd be willing to give them a shot if they're not stupid expensive.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Pretty big performance difference for sure, but like you say, are probably gonna be super spendy no doubt.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Big question around here would be how well they hold up when contacting debris in the water, or......GASP.....the bottom.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

You for sure won't be taking them into Red & Don's Propeller Shop (a place I worked at years ago in Nikiski) to be welded up and repitched.

Speaking of pitch, Old Red could pitch a large oxygen bottle all the way across the shop if you ticked him off. I never made him that mad, but some of his other helpers did. He was an interesting man. Red hair turning gray when I went to work for him. He had us eat lunch with him at his dinner table in his modest home. For dessert he would pour Karo syrup over peanut butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    My suspicious mind wants to know how 3 props tested with the exact same WOT.

Agree repairs or repitching will be difficult if not impossible for us small boat owners. May be better suited for large ships.

I'm betting will definitely be more expensive to purchase. A guy could figure out what he spends a year in boat fuel, then figure in what he would save in increased performance and economy and see how long it would take to pay for itself over the price of a standard prop. OR, just buy it and not worry about the increased price and enjoy your increased range and fewer trips to gas pump...

If they are to be produced using milling machining they are out of the question in terms of cost over a cast prop. I wonder what the harmonics are when they get dinged? As we all know, one can live with a little tip ding but I'm guessing the same amount of dinging might make this specimen violent. Not to say they couldn't be cast but the castings would be interesting to produce. Having said all this, I absolutely love the effort.

I wonder how soon it will take before these are available in a dual prop.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by copperlake View Post
    As we all know, one can live with a little tip ding but I'm guessing the same amount of dinging might make this specimen violent.
    I was thinking the same. Have to wonder if even the slightest ding and you're done??? I agree though, fantastic idea that "seems" to be more beneficial to the standard.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I was thinking the same. Have to wonder if even the slightest ding and you're done??? I agree though, fantastic idea that "seems" to be more beneficial to the standard.
    Maybe they could make them from plastic. Recycle some of the junk in the ocean.