Thread: Barnes XXX to MRX

Default Barnes XXX to MRX

I have several very accurate maximal loads for the Barnes XXX and am interested in trying their MRX bullet. My question is what has anyone's experience been with the MRX bullet? Ignoring the OAL question and cost, were you able to use the same powder? increase or decrease the powder charge? increase of decrease in velocity? increase or decrease in accuracy? has anyone actually used these bullets on game and what was the result and at what range? Thanx in advance for sharing your experience, assessment, and recommendations.

I haven't hunted with the MRX since I rarely need a solid spitzer, but have loaded both the TSX and MRX in several calibers and they pretty much load grain for grain powder for powder and velocity is also very similar. Accuracy of both for my tests have been no better and usually slightly worse than Nosler partition or Accubonds, but well within needed accuracy for a 300 yard shot on a sheep..
    Last edited by Murphy; 07-29-2007 at 03:38.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Talked with Barnes Tech: can interchange bullets for same powder charge wt....but may have to adjust oal/seating depth of MRX due to MRX loooong pointy end vs. XXX