Thread: Hotel Recommendations for Anchor Point/Anchor River Trip

Default Hotel Recommendations for Anchor Point/Anchor River Trip

So I've never made it down to fish the Anchor before and a friend and I are in the early stages of planning a trip down there next weekend to fish for steelhead. I'm not asking for anybody's secret fishing spots or anything. I'm just wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for a lodge, a bed and breakfast or a hotel that is affordable, yet comfortable to stay in for the weekend. More specifically, we are not looking for a luxurious hotel with 5 star accommodations, but at the same time, we don't want a cockroach hotel that is going to give us bedbugs. Any suggestions please??? Of course any tips for success are welcome (flies or beads we should bring along or locations we should try) but certainly not expected. I plan on working for it. And feel free to drop me a PM if you are not comfortable sharing tips online. Thanks everyone. BJ

Well, I've never fished the Anchor, so I can't help you on that. But, regarding a motel, don't be afraid to go on down and stay in Homer. It's not very far, and there's quite a few motels down there. Depends on how much you want to spend. I think most of the BnBs close up in the winter. The Lands End, out on the Spit, is nice, but has been getting more expensive over the years. The Best Western Bidarka, just as you come down into Homer proper, is a good place, and they have a popular tavern, too. They used to have a decent continental breakfast.

We stayed at a bnb south of the tractor launch this year and it was real nice. Up on tj bluff with awesome. Views. I can try to look it up for you. If you stay in Homer only 15 miles from anchor I would suggest one of the bigger rooms at the driftwood Inn. They have the cheapest winter rates in Homer and the bigger rooms are nice. That's where we stay whne we go down there in the winter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    We stayed at a bnb south of the tractor launch this year and it was real nice. Up on tj bluff with awesome. Views. I can try to look it up for you. If you stay in Homer only 15 miles from anchor I would suggest one of the bigger rooms at the driftwood Inn. They have the cheapest winter rates in Homer and the bigger rooms are nice. That's where we stay whne we go down there in the winter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Thanks bro, tried to send you a rep but it wouldn't let me

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BRWNBR FOR POTUS

There is also the new hotel across from Safeway and they have a small kitchenette.