Thread: Latest Addition to the Wood Hauling Machine

Default Latest Addition to the Wood Hauling Machine

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1569971719487.jpg
    Installed this guy the other day to help me out with the big logs. 2500# winch with grip mounted switch and a 25' remote switch. After three back operations anything that helps me out is a big plus. With a weight of around 700 lbs. it might help the Scandic if I ever get it stuck too.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Let me know how this works out for you. I have a small portable 2,000# winch I carry but I've been thinking of mounting one on the bumper of my VKPro like you did on your Skandic. I like the idea.

The Scandic is an easy mount. It has a 2" reciever hitch. I also did a battery wire quick dissconnect behind right on the bumper. Unplug and store if you want.

I think that if I had 12' of battery cable and another quick disconnect I could also mount it on the rear if needed.

Dave I have a winch similar to Kantishaís that I can use on the super wide track. I set it up to use on either end. Mostly I use it on the rear end.On the 4 wheeler I only use a winch at the front but often strap the rear to something. I also use the portable winch on the river boat.

Default Latest Addition to the Wood Hauling Machine

Winch is definitely great insurance on a Skandic. After years of Tundras (all varieties) I
    realized this was a tank compared to
    Even my latest generation tundra.

I put another battery on it. I still carry rope a long because you canít be too prepared. The winch was sure nice when I was stuck in overflow. (Ice screws required)

yeah having a winch on these is great insurance. kinda heavy though, had one that was mounted on the side to be "out of the way" on a work machine, guy rolled it that side first time out. oh well. you guys likin these 600ACE machines for hauling? I kinda figured it was too small for WT skandic work, but maybe im wrong. I just love the 900ACE.

Last year was my first real test of the 600. I love it! I am actually going to buy a second otter magnum sled and haul two for wood cutting. It takes me an hour to break to the house and back. This snogo is really going to help me out.

Well, this is my first Skandic but Iím happy with the hauling capacity of the 600ACE. Granted I came from Tundraís - newest being a 550. Iíve hauled 2000 pound loads easy. I have some big hills so thatís usually my biggest challenge but the Skandic has no issues. With my yearly fuel run, 4x 55gal drums are no issue. I double sled most of my loads.