Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt suspending AR-15 sales to civilians

Default Colt suspending AR-15 sales to civilians

Not getting political- just letting y'all know......

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colt-susp...-for-civilians

Noted, I saw that. My suggestion is for any one responding is to say "noted". Just saying....

Noted! I my mind, not a big deal as there are some out there that make a much firearm!

Just the facts...not political: This is not the first time. Colt stopped selling ARs to the public in the early 90's BEFORE the AWB.

And suddenly just like that, everyone wants a Colt.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

The market is flooded with ARs of many different makes so unless you just gotta have a Colt, I don't see ARs becoming difficult or expensive to get.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    And suddenly just like that, everyone wants a Colt.
    I'll take any spare Pythons you have laying around. You can keep the AR's.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Follow the $.

I went to Colt's web site. No AR-15's for sale. But you can buy an M4.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I'll take any spare Pythons you have laying around. You can keep the AR's.
    My thought exactly. I tried to make those black rifles grow on me but just couldn't get it done. A Mini 14 is as close to a black gun as I can go.

I am all for other folks having them....just not for me!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    My thought exactly. I tried to make those black rifles grow on me but just couldn't get it done. A Mini 14 is as close to a black gun as I can go.

I am all for other folks having them....just not for me!
    I niver keered for'em, OR the cartridge. They were enormously popular among folks that were not gun-nuts, and that added to the number of gun owners, a GOOD thing, IMO.

A lotta homes now protected by ARs, good plan or not.

If the MINI 14 had been chosen by the Military, and received the same development, it would far out shine any AR.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I have never been fond of the AR rifles, don't have one and won't be getting one Colt or other brand. I do like the 223 round and have two rifles. My wife bought me a Rem 700 V in 223 for my birthday in 1975 or 1976. Friends gave me about 1500rds of military ammo (5.56) and I shot most of it through either this rifle or my TC carbine in 223. Great round for things dog sized or smaller.

Hmmm... I watched a young troop with an M-16 kill a stampeding water buff with one round square in the head...made me see that puny little round in a different way. I hear natives are killing sea lions and polar bears with .223...never seen that but that's what I read on the internet.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Yep, bullet placement is king. Multiple rounds is the prince. The natives use the 223 to kill a lot of things that most folks would consider to large for that round but they are not sport hunting and have no problem using as many rounds as it takes to get the job done. Saw a guy shoot a moose with a mini 14 in 223. Didn't bother him a bit as he still had 6 or 7 rounds left in his mag. I have heard of folks using a 22lr to kill moose. If they are standing outside your cabin in the middle of winter a 5 yd shot to the ear isn't all that hard and it's apparently effective. I like the 223 but I won't use it on things much larger than a coyote. I don't need to as I have plenty of larger caliber rifles to choose from. If it was all I had it's what I would use. Don't have much use for ARs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Hmmm... I watched a young troop with an M-16 kill a stampeding water buff with one round square in the head...made me see that puny little round in a different way. I hear natives are killing sea lions and polar bears with .223...never seen that but that's what I read on the internet.
    When I lived up on the Bering Coast I saw a lot of Mini-14's in .223. Stainless, cheap ammo, light, completely degreased and hung outside. It works! Twenty rapid shots put a lot of caribou down quickly. I think the Mini-30 would be a better choice and now Ruger is chambering the .300 Blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    When I lived up on the Bering Coast I saw a lot of Mini-14's in .223. Stainless, cheap ammo, light, completely degreased and hung outside. It works! Twenty rapid shots put a lot of caribou down quickly. I think the Mini-30 would be a better choice and now Ruger is chambering the .300 Blackout.
    Dave- I have only seen the American Ranch Rifle (bolt action) in 300 BO. You have heard of it in Mini platform? That would be a slick handy rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    Dave- I have only seen the American Ranch Rifle (bolt action) in 300 BO. You have heard of it in Mini platform? That would be a slick handy rifle.
    https://www.ruger.com/products/mini14/overview.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. It is only available in the tactical version right now I think.

https://www.ruger.com/products/mini14/overview.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. It is only available in the tactical version right now I think.
    Thank you sir!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

No doubt that happens, though if one is hunting for subsistence, it seems counterproductive to fill the animal full of holes, thereby ruining a lot of meat.

Attachment 98316
    I did not mean that they used 20 shots. Just that they were available. On one hunting trip a guy downed six in one herd before they ran off.
    This picture that I can not get to post except upside down no matter what I do, was drawn by a 3rd grader at my housing. When he was done I looked at it and being kind of new said; Wow that's great the caribou are pulling the boat up the river. He looked at me kind of funny and stated: NO, we're shooting them in the head to save meat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast