Thread: Help

Default Help

Has anyone seen these hunters up around Eagle or Chicken? Their family is trying to contact them as they have not checked in in a few days and are over due. Someone from Valdez is heard up to search and the troopers have been notified.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Hate to hear this. Sure hope they're ok. Do you know them Dave?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I heard that they are fine and headed home. That news came this afternoon.

Yes. My internet had been a mess. Don't know what the issue was.

Saw them in Tok yesterday

Yes I heard that two in the party came out to Tok. They were 2-3 days overdue and had not made contact even with their cell phone. Haven't heard the whole story but their safe as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Yes I heard that two in the party came out to Tok. They were 2-3 days overdue and had not made contact even with their cell phone. Haven't heard the whole story but their safe as far as I know.
    Sorry to hear about your overdue friends Dave. Were they successful in their hunting endeavors?

I haven't heard as of yet. But having game on the ground would be a probable cause to be late.

My first thoughts when I hear these kinds of things are mecanical problems with wheelers. Glad to hear all is well though. That can be worrisome times for loved ones involved.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

This year I purchased a Garmin inReach Explorer to have contact with family (and emergency personnel) while out in the field and out of cell service. $500 and a monthly contract (you can cancel the contract when not in use), but my wife can follow my route using the GPS and see if I'm back at camp every night. Nice peace of mind. It allows for text messages to be sent and received, so I can get weather reports and updates while hunting. Definitely worth the price. The SOS button hopefully never gets used! It eliminates the worry of family wondering if you're ok and allows you to check in. Battery life was good on my fall hunt, it lasted 5 days without charging.

I will be purchasing one of those soon. I borrowed my buddies for our caribou hunt. turned it on in the morning to send a text and at night to send a text and only dropped 8% or so in battery life. Also nice when you send a text it sends them a link with the location you sent the text from.
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    I will be purchasing one of those soon. I borrowed my buddies for our caribou hunt. turned it on in the morning to send a text and at night to send a text and only dropped 8% or so in battery life. Also nice when you send a text it sends them a link with the location you sent the text from.
    If you are a costco member keep an eye on their website. Picked up the inreach se+during a sale they had for 229. Sale last year ran from 10/27/18 through 1/21/19

We also got one. Wish a grand kid would show me how to use it. Any one want to buy my sat phone?