Thread: Homer / Kenai Peninsula diving?

Default Homer / Kenai Peninsula diving?

Living in Anchor Point and finally getting my butt in gear to start diving here. I am looking for people willing to take along someone with no local diving knowledge. I have my PADI divemaster and rescue diver certs. Learned to dive and about half of my diving in Monterey CA (average temps in the low to mid 50). Also, a few in Mexico and a bunch in FL and HI. I have done many solos but always somewhere I was super familiar with so not even gonna try here. Have all my own gear. Would just need to get tanks recertified. And make sure the dry suit zipper is still dry

Would love to finally get in the water here. Talked to a few locals over the years but never got anything going.

Steve

I would start by calling the Kasitsna Bay dive lab....they are the experts and the premier facility here....

https://www.uaf.edu/cfos/about-us/lo.../kasitsna-bay/
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Their are couple facebook groups to check out "the alaska just go diving club" not really a club and "alaska diving". most people currently are diving in Whittier and Seward during the winter. I know people dive out of homer by yukon island. To get your tanks serviced check out dive alaska or last frontier diving in anchorage.

Thanks Skipper. I'll have to check the fb groups out. Got my tanks last looked at by last frontier about 8 years ago! Won't get redone til I'm ready to use again.

My friend and forum member Tony http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...28661-0321Tony is an avid diver. You may want to shoot him a message.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    My friend and forum member Tony http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...28661-0321Tony is an avid diver. You may want to shoot him a message.
    Thanks, will do.

I do quite a bit of diving around the peninsula. Homer, and Seward have good diving. Whittier is where most of us dive in the winter.
    I get my tanks filled in Nikiski, not as cheep as last frontier but I dont have to drive 6 hours to get a fill, I can also get a viz and hydro in Nikiski.
    Feel free to shoot me a text or call with questions and I'd be happy to talk diving. (907)252-0709