Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nothing changes!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    My hunting partner found another Wanton Waste this morning. Big bull down in a trail off the Escape Route. Right in a trail. Shot last night after dark. Antlers sawed off, carcass left right in the trail. We have heard there have been people out spotlighting after dark. Looks like what happened here. F&W is enroute. Updates later. This really sucks.

Poachers should be shot. Some states take poaching very seriously and have more manpower to enforce the laws. They confiscate the firearms, vehicle's involved and being transported (if a boat id being towed- they take both) including contents, in addition to stiff fees. Letting things go with a slap on the wrist will never help. SmokeRoss- I do appreciate you keeping us apprised of the situation as it doesn't make any news.

In Texas poaching for trophy deer is a huge issue and I find it repugnant. Some poachers (as well as smugglers) actually have hoof-print shaped soles to throw off investigators when the poacher is walking to/from the kill site. Lot's of people are just crappy folks.

Stay safe out there- a poacher is bound to lob a round your way if discovered, so if you find one approach as you would a rabid animal.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    My hunting partner found another Wanton Waste this morning. Big bull down in a trail off the Escape Route. Right in a trail. Shot last night after dark. Antlers sawed off, carcass left right in the trail. We have heard there have been people out spotlighting after dark. Looks like what happened here. F&W is enroute. Updates later. This really sucks.

How is there so much poaching on <5 miles of road?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345