Thread: Firearm Insurance

Default Firearm Insurance

Who has their firearms insured through an additional policy? Standard is $1500-2000 for regular homeowners. Basically one gun

I looked into it an additional policy with my homeowners insurance company recently. The insurance company wants every make, model, caliber, serial number and approximate value for each gun. I am very hesitant to give this information out to a large corporation that would probably either get this info hacked or roll over to some heavy handed government pressure in the future.

Iím not wanting to give up my info for the protection.

What are your thoughts, experiences and recommendations?

Thank you.

Every insurer is going to want those specifics. There is no such thing as a blanket value insurance policy. To much wiggle room for fraud. If you can't overcome your personal insecurities then you are on your own. Nothing wrong with that, I'm in the same boat. But then again I don't have a collection large enough to really concern myself with. If I was robbed and had to replace the weapons I had it wouldn't cause me too much stress. I'd be pissed of course but the coverage from my homeowners policy would help me enough.

I have a friend that has a collection that is probably pushing $100k. He has several fire-safes full and he is always looking to buy/sell. If I were in his shoes I would certainly have a policy, at least on the ones I have no desire to sell.

Yep, standard insurance practice to require serial #. If stolen, the gun will get placed on a national register of stolen weapons and could be returned at some point.
    My parents had a rider on their home insurance for all of ours. If something happened to them while out hunting....they were insured.
    I inherited them and since I have been selling several and buying a few, I have not insured them. Too much hassle to update insurance records.

Unless you have a sentimental gun, insurance is better and MUCH cheaper than safes.

If there is ever a push by gov't to get this info I guess the guns would just get "lost or stolen"

Quote Originally Posted by dieNqvrs View Post
    Who has their firearms insured through an additional policy? Standard is $1500-2000 for regular homeowners. Basically one gun

I looked into it an additional policy with my homeowners insurance company recently. The insurance company wants every make, model, caliber, serial number and approximate value for each gun. I am very hesitant to give this information out to a large corporation that would probably either get this info hacked or roll over to some heavy handed government pressure in the future.

Iím not wanting to give up my info for the protection.

What are your thoughts, experiences and recommendations?

Thank you.
    Have you checked out the NRA website for firearms insurance ?
    The company is much more affordable

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I have AllState and they have never asked for any information. I think I have 6-7K worth of insurance.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

A quality safe and bolt it to the floor!! And when you think you found the one you like, buy the next size bigger!!