Thread: 2nd transformation

Default 2nd transformation

Quote Originally Posted by buffalob View Post
    Rambling Raven - NICE hardtop on that boat. Did you add that yourself? I assume its aluminum? Would like some info on time/costs/etc on adding it. I suspect there's a many others here interested as well.
    It is an aluminum top, I designed it based on my experience of owning the boat for a lot of years and knowing what I wanted. Karold's welding in Fairbanks did the aluminum work. It was a major job I started in February and went a lot farther than just the top. New steering, 2 new fuel tanks, new wiring, new canvas, and a bunch of other things.

The overhead clearance is 6 foot 4 inches, side & front windows are sliders with bug screens. Let me know what information you are interested in and I will see if I can dig it out of the receipts. (I have been scared to add them up because I know I busted my budget long ago)
    Before:

After:

Ramble Raven can you send me the plans for the hard top and approx of the cost thinking of puttng one on my boat this winter man the boat looks good. Chris

How thick is the aluminum used on the sides and top? Also where did you get the windows? Have been thinking about doing something similar. Any $$ estimate on the cost for just the hardtop addition? Thanks. The boat looks great.

What did you do with your original soft top? That's alot of coverage, and a big change.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Quote Originally Posted by MARV1 View Post
    What did you do with your original soft top? That's alot of coverage, and a big change.
    It was on there for 16 years so there wasn't much of it that wasn't reinforced with silicone to keep it from leaking. It served us well but its day had come and gone. We had a bon fire and sacrificed it.