Thread: Lathe And Mill Are Here!

Default Lathe And Mill Are Here!

Okay folks,

The lathe and mill, a PM1440GT and PM1054TV, respectively, that I ordered in late April finally made it the last week of August. I spent almost a week uncrating, then lifting onto rollers, and moving them into the positions you see in the photo. Dang! Just about was too much! Especially that mill. I need to do more stuff in the shop, and get steel plate to make baseplates to spread the weight, levelers to level the machines, finish painting under my hanging shelves, put up the six, 10k-lumen 4-foot shop light to cover that corner, reinforce the shelf behind the mill, and cut a slot to fit the moto when I tilt it back. Phew! Oh....tooling!

But they are here.

The whole story is on FB on Home Shop Machinist.Lathe And Mill.jpg

Oh, forgot to add: the mill may look a little strange, I have power feeds on all axis, and DRO on same for the lathe and mill, but as you can see, need to install them. Also haven't cleaned the cosmoline off the wearing surfaces.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Congratulations!

Awesome. Soon it will be time to make chips!