Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glock 10 jam

Default glock 10 jam

so not a discussion on if its a good enough gun....that's a can of worms

so out at the range today, and had my newish 10mm glock, fired about 30 rounds, then switched to buffalo bore that I have a mag for "bears" and have not shot them before ...shoots one then jams. clear jam shoot another, than jams...wait bear..have to clear a jam....
    switch back to my standards....fire off 15 no issues...then I was out of rounds for the night at the range for "that " gun and spent the rest of my time sighting my rifle Ö.

yes they are 10mm buffalo bore....triple checked and stamped 10mm

ideas ?

Polish your feed ramp. Iíve done it to every Glock 10mm Iíve owned and failure to feed issues disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    Polish your feed ramp. Iíve done it to every Glock 10mm Iíve owned and failure to feed issues disappear.
    BUT....did you shoot Buf bores through them?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

also, if it matters, the bufflo bore are 220 grain,

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    BUT....did you shoot Buf bores through them?

Yes. 220ís, as well. Also some similarly profiled handloads that were pretty hot. Polishing the feed ramp in these 10mm Glocks makes a world of difference, in my opinion/experience.

I have a buddy down in your neck of the woods who is a bit of a Glock junkie and he wonít even fire a shot through one before heís polished the feed ramp. He does it with all calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    Yes. 220ís, as well. Also some similarly profiled handloads that were pretty hot. Polishing the feed ramp in these 10mm Glocks makes a world of difference, in my opinion/experience.

I have a buddy down in your neck of the woods who is a bit of a Glock junkie and he wonít even fire a shot through one before heís polished the feed ramp. He does it with all calibers.
    That's great to know!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

how does one polish the ramp.

ok, I was tired and left off one important step.
    Its what I call "jamming" because it is not ejecting the buffalo bore rounds. ( 220 grain) so it cant load the next round
    but like I said, if I switch back to my 180 grain, no issue
    maybe polishing will help,

There you go. Important info. So what you have is failure to extract. Personally, I'd just skip "Buffalo Bore" ammo. I just shoot Remington, Federal, and Winchester for factory loads. Or I handload my own. No need to "polish the feed ramp", if the gun is feeding. Some folks just can't believe that the factory has it right. Failure to extract is usually tied to.... wait for this. The extractor.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    There you go. Important info. So what you have is failure to extract. Personally, I'd just skip "Buffalo Bore" ammo. I just shoot Remington, Federal, and Winchester for factory loads. Or I handload my own. No need to "polish the feed ramp", if the gun is feeding. Some folks just can't believe that the factory has it right. Failure to extract is usually tied to.... wait for this. The extractor.
    Iíd rather have my gun running right than stop shooting a specific type of ammo; but thatís just ďme.Ē

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    none of those make hardcast 200 + grain loads..... which is wait for it, what he bought the gun to shoot in case of unwanted fuzzy friends

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by papabear3 View Post
    so not a discussion on if its a good enough gun....that's a can of worms

so out at the range today, and had my newish 10mm glock, fired about 30 rounds, then switched to buffalo bore that I have a mag for "bears" and have not shot them before ...shoots one then jams. clear jam shoot another, than jams...wait bear..have to clear a jam....
    switch back to my standards....fire off 15 no issues...then I was out of rounds for the night at the range for "that " gun and spent the rest of my time sighting my rifle Ö.

yes they are 10mm buffalo bore....triple checked and stamped 10mm

ideas ?

Yea,
    Get one of these....... it's what I use.

Attachment 98275

TG
    [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ]

thanks for all the replies so far. Yes I wanted to use the buffalo bore for the furry creatures out there. I did not want this to turn into a which gun is better for that purpose. There are other threads for that, and a discussion that never seems to end.

.I do have a 357 and a "judge" , but after spending a day walking with my sons borrowed 10mm glock, that is when I went and got my own. I like the compact size and 15 round capacity. The judge ( given to me by my older son) is too bulky of a weapon.So Ideal for me would be to make the 10mm glock work correct.
    A retired vet I talked to the other day said that it needs a heavier recoil spring, but if the weight is in the bullet and it has already left the gun, how deoes the case make a difference ? Is it takes more force to fire the 220grain and then kind of expands the case in the bore...thus needing a heavier recoil spring ...just guessing out here

.Living in Fairbanks, several have said to use big Rays for advice, others have said Alaska Ammo, The sportsmans guys are nice, esp Curt, but he was not in when I went and asked the question and the one young kid I talked to said the 10mm is not made to handle the larger buffalo bore, hes also the one weeks ago that tried to talk me out of the glock for a s&w

Default glock

I used Bufalo Bore recomendations 22# spring on my stock Glock with 220 gr BB ammo works great much more controllable than my wheel guns. Can fire shots down range faster with more accuracy. Plus easier to go out the door with full mag of BB and 2 spare for walk in bear country. Which starts at my door. With the wheel gun a model 29 in 44 mag which I have owned since about 78, always
    spending time looking for right ammo. Just feel more confident with the Glock 20 and 14 of its 220 gr friends than the 29 after shooting them side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by papabear3 View Post
    A retired vet I talked to the other day said that it needs a heavier recoil spring, but if the weight is in the bullet and it has already left the gun, how deoes the case make a difference ? Is it takes more force to fire the 220grain and then kind of expands the case in the bore...thus needing a heavier recoil spring ...just guessing out here
    Do some studying on the basic functional principals of the Short Recoil Operating System.

Remember that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction: propelling a heavier projectile requires more pressure; more pressure generates more recoil; absorbing more recoil energy requires a heaver spring...

Your Glock comes off the assembly line engineered/tuned for typical factory loads. If you intend to run extremely heavy loads it will likely require re-tuning/a heavier recoil spring.

Additionally, your failure to eject could be the result of a damaged ejector.

Take your gun to a competent gunsmith and have it repaired and/or properly tuned for the extra-heavy loads you propose to use.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Sharp View Post
    none of those make hardcast 200 + grain loads..... which is wait for it, what he bought the gun to shoot in case of unwanted fuzzy friends
    No waitin. Apparently, buffer bullets doesn't make 200 gr + that will Eject in his gun.

As, has already been pointed out, function has it over designer ammo.

I use heavy hard cast in my 44, because consensus is, that they penetrate better. Something of great importance, in bear patches. The reasoning seems sound, but I Wonder, if it is so.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Yea,[/U][/B] Get one of these....... it's what I use.

Attachment 98275

TG
    It must be a Goodern then.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    It must be a Goodern then.

SOTN
    Yeppers,,,,, how'ed you know.
    TG
    [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ]

Are you sure you didnít limp wrist the shots that failed?
    I have seen a couple people limp wrist the 10mm and it doesnít let the gun do a full cycle. They lock their wrist and everything works.

I have shot lots of BB HC from my 10ís. If you want you could also try the underwood ammo with the Lehigh Defense Xtreme Penetrator. As with most copper bullets they run lighter weight which means 3 mags weigh the same as 2 filled with HC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast