Thread: Deltana outfitters feedback

Default Deltana outfitters feedback

Anyone have experience with Deltana outfitters out of Happy Valley?? We are looking at doing a caribou drop off out of happy valley in late Aug. I believe it is Ralph Miller who is the guide/pilot....

anything negative please PM me. thanks guys.

G

Default Good Reviews

I have never used them but have always heard of great service.

I used Ralph last year with my brother. It wasn't planned that way, but found out walking on tundra is a joke. He was able to put us on the animals. They were actually closing up shop when we showed up. Dad, brother, and I are using him again this year. We fly out of H.V. on the 12th of this month. I am counting the days. I have nothing but great things to say about their operation!! P.M. me if you need more info!!
    EricL

Thumbs up Thumbs Up

Deltana Outfitters has built a fine reputation for both their guided hunts and their unguided caribou drop-offs. I guided for them one season prior to starting up my own outfit. Ralph was really good to his guide crew and great to his client hunters. His business partner, Jim, was also really good to work with. Both of them were always paying attention to every component of the hunt to ensure greater success for the clients. I know of two different groups of AK residents who went out with Deltana for caribou drop-off hunts. Deltana put them on the migration route and both groups had a ton of fun with a lot of shooting action. I would not hesitate to recomend Deltana to my relatives or best friends for an unguided caribou drop-off hunt..

Dennis Byrne

what does he charge for drop-off caribou hunt?

He quoted me $1250 per person for a super cub ride out to the Bou's... no hourly just flat cost for the transport. That includes 1 Bou on the way back to Happy Valley. $500 extra for a second Bou.

Looks like we are going out with them around the 19th of Aug...

Thumbs up Me too.........

booked for August 15th - 21....camera crew in tow...I hav enjoyed knowing Ralph for awhile and can speak for the quality of the operation.

J

Ive known him for years. Top notch operation.

Thumbs up

I have hunted with Deltana on two occasions. Hunted both Sheep and Caribou and cannot say enough good things about Ralph, Jim, and their staff. They do everything to make your trip a success. From the food, transportation, aircraft, and guides they are top notch. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to have a great hunting trip to Alaska. I am saving my money to go again....