Thread: Delta sheep hunt

Default Delta sheep hunt

Was lucky enoughf to draw this tag and was lookingfor any info. Probibly will be going up the black rapids area. any info would be great!

Thumbs up DS203 and DS204

Look at the Alaska Fish and Game website. They break down the different areas you can access. Hope this helps! Here is the link http://www.wc.adfg.state.ak.us/index...heephunt.delta
    Last edited by Mr. Grayling; 07-28-2007 at 12:54. Reason: add a link

Default Sheep info

Good luck!

I have sent out two mailing to all (98) of us that drew the TMA tags and haven't received much feedback. You would think since you can only get this permit every four years (more like, once in your life) fellow hunters would be more willing to offer hunting information.

This is not the case, they guard it like it is their every year hunting spot.

Not sure why this is?

I am not this way. So remember if you draw next years TMA tag you can contact me and I will pass on all hunting info I have about the East fork of the Roberson.

Best of luck on your sheep hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    Good luck!

I have sent out two mailing to all (98) of us that drew the TMA tags and haven't received much feedback. You would think since you can only get this permit every four years (more like, once in your life) fellow hunters would be more willing to offer hunting information.

This is not the case, they guard it like it is their every year hunting spot.

Not sure why this is?

I am not this way. So remember if you draw next years TMA tag you can contact me and I will pass on all hunting info I have about the East fork of the Roberson.

Best of luck on your sheep hunt.
    It could also be that since not too many people visit Internet forums, they have no idea that these questions are being asked. For example, at my place of work maybe two guys out of 100 hunt sheep, and they seldom visit forums.

Using Ricky Bobby's terminoligy

"With all due Respect, and I mean With all due Respct"

Maybe the lack of help is because he is asking about info for a hunt he drew 5 months ago 14 days before the hunt starts. Didn't state first or last Delta hunt, hasn't stated whether or not he is flying in or hiking or riding or whatever. Some people dont want to hold a guys hand and walk him through a hunt he obviously has done no research on and like I said earlier I mean this with all due respect! <grin>

Seriously though if you provided more info on what you want to do and when as well as searching through the archives looking for previous hunters testimonies and experiences on their DCUA sheep hunts and maybe even PM'ing them for help your results would be much more rewarding. And I mean this with all due respect!