Thread: Chulitna River

Default Chulitna River

Anyone floated it recently or at least driven by it to give a report? I'm thinking about floating it over labor day weekend but I'm concerned about low water.

Looking at doing the float the weekend after labor day if things work out. I was in the area this weekend and took a look at couple spots along the float, The East fork is definitely on the low side but looked to be a decent amount of water once you hit the other forks. It is drought conditions on a lot of the creeks that go into the Chu though so some of the creek mouths that you pass by are fishing a little different than usual.

If you do make it out there any chance you'd be willing to post a trip report/update of how water level is looking? And are you floating all the way to Talkeetna or taking out sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by when in doubt fish it out View Post
    Looking at doing the float the weekend after labor day if things work out. I was in the area this weekend and took a look at couple spots along the float, The East fork is definitely on the low side but looked to be a decent amount of water once you hit the other forks. It is drought conditions on a lot of the creeks that go into the Chu though so some of the creek mouths that you pass by are fishing a little different than usual.

If you do make it out there any chance you'd be willing to post a trip report/update of how water level is looking? And are you floating all the way to Talkeetna or taking out sooner?
    Pulling out at the bridge by the Princess lodge. I'll give you a report when I'm done. Thanks a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Pulling out at the bridge by the Princess lodge. I'll give you a report when I'm done. Thanks a bunch.
    Thanks much Jack! Oh and just a heads up, it looked like they had the gate closed to the landing on the north side of the bridge by the Princess Lodge when we stopped by. You guys just going to pack your gear up the hill there or is there a better spot to pull out?

Quote Originally Posted by when in doubt fish it out View Post
    Thanks much Jack! Oh and just a heads up, it looked like they had the gate closed to the landing on the north side of the bridge by the Princess Lodge when we stopped by. You guys just going to pack your gear up the hill there or is there a better spot to pull out?
    Sent you a private message.