Thread: hand held 2-way radios

Default hand held 2-way radios

(i thought i posted this earlier today, but apparently did not hit the right key.) any recommendations on newer models of hand-held, two-way radios? the "brand names", like garmin, motorola, etc, don't seem to rate well on amazon; lots of #1 and #2 ratings. that is pretty discouraging, but typical of too many products of late. i want to be able to call another boat to get a 10-20 now and then; we don't expect to be too far apart, but rivers braid and minds wonder.... the retevis brand radios (never heard of them before i googled) rate real well, but i know stink about them. what are you folks using that is SIMPLE, waterproof, and reliable up to 2 miles realistically. i don't want to have to carry a 30-page manual to see how to turn the *(&^$$&(( thing on and off. no gps, games, etc, needed; just a good squak box. thanks for any experience with the newer ones. john

I use a Uniden handheld radio on my ocean boat for when we anchor and go to shore to explore. I believe it easily will reach your two mile marker especially if at elevation. Itís very easy to operate and believe itís less than $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK