Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vacum pack

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    Do you have a model model number or an equivalent model number for whatís currently available? I think I want to go ahead and pick one of them up and want some real life experience vs. paid reviews online.
    I believe itís an SVP20 or maybe 40. It must weigh 150 pounds. We use some folks in WA for service and bags. Vacupack.com I think it is.

We have a vp210.
    Just used it again last night to vacuum seal some cabbages for the freezer.
    Alaska butcher supply told me the vp210 with the oil less pump would not do the retort pouches for canning salmon.
    But my online research stated otherwise and I was able to use the retort pouches with it anyway and it worked out great.
    I just had to increase the seal time until it sealed the pouches well.
    I know I paid less than a thousand for this unit.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    Iíll go take a look. Do you happen to know if thatís one of the models theyíll rent out? Planning to be putting some stuff in the freezer on Tuesday and wouldnít mind trying one out...
    If itís anything like ours, make sure the rental includes a hand truck. Itís a heavy SOB.

We also have the VP215 from Costco. I don't think I'll ever need to buy another one, but if I did I'd buy the same one again.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Had and went through 2 foodsavers, moved to the vacmaster 120(dry pump) ran 2 k bags through that one. Foodsaver machines coasted 80 each, bags pre cut for foodsaver run 50 cents(yes rolls are cheaper then precuts). The basic vacmaster ran me around 500, 2000 bags ran me 166(78 per 1000)
    Total for a few years with each(4 years) 160 + 1000 is 1160 for the food savers. 500 + 166 is 670 or so.
    I've used the vacmaster, and the mini pac, I'm glad I tried the vacmaster and it got me in the chamber sealer game.
    The mini Pac is a huge step up in speed. 2-3 cycles per minute vs one. And the vacuum the minis pull is better(I've used the 215 vs the mvs31).

I would rent one if your thinking about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123