Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 Cook Inlet Salmon Management

Quote Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
    I think we are disagreeing on the issues that I am bringing up and what the TRO stated. The judge did not have testimony only the lawyer understanding and therefore most of those involved figured the TRO would fail but the hearing on the permanent injunction would be a different story. I have not talked to the people who filed or their lawyers. I am getting this second hand from good sources. That group figures they win with depositions in the State case for use in the Federal case. It may be a good move since the State personnel cannot speak freely without a court order.
    And while you 2 are dicscussing litigation over whether or not fishing management plans are being followed there is EPA regulations and other environmental protections all over the country being dismantled at the federal and state levels that will impact legions of people who have salmon in their culture because the pro growth based economic regulations will harm the oceans and rivers where salmon live. It would be nice if there was more discussion on stabilizing the environment rather than the fishing regulations.

Yep, been there, done that, and got the t-shirt! Agree 100%!
    Can you imagine what would happen if every aggrieved user group (guides, to name only one, and I'm not picking on them specifically for the record, just to illustrate) jumped into this fray? What a zoo that would be!!! Be careful what you wish for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cohoangler View Post
    Turning to the courts to resolve fishery management disputes never ends well. Trust me.

One side might get a favorable/adverse ruling, but that only serves to prompt similar lawsuits, and opens up other avenues for further lawsuits in other areas of disagreement (what’s good for the goose…..).

In the end, the only folks who benefit are the attorneys. Sometimes, legal actions can’t be avoided, but it should be the ‘option of last resort’.

Quote Originally Posted by NorcalBob View Post
    Yep, been there, done that, and got the t-shirt! Agree 100%!
    Can you imagine what would happen if every aggrieved user group (guides, to name only one, and I'm not picking on them specifically for the record, just to illustrate) jumped into this fray? What a zoo that would be!!! Be careful what you wish for!!!
    It would look like Columbia River salmon management! We've been there a long time........

And California water management (which is where my professional expertise comes from). Thank goodness I retired over 20 years ago from that madness and moved on! But, I can't complain, that madness made me a ton of money, so I could retire and move elsewhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohoangler View Post
    It would look like Columbia River salmon management! We've been there a long time........

Quote Originally Posted by NorcalBob View Post
    And California water management (which is where my professional expertise comes from). Thank goodness I retired over 20 years ago from that madness and moved on! But, I can't complain, that madness made me a ton of money, so I could retire and move elsewhere!
    Now there is a royal cluster goat rope that makes Cook Inlet salmon management look like kindergarten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234