Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: upstairs heat oil vs LPG

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    What is your son using as a house bank for his boat? It could be that the batteries are shot. These 12 volt appliances can be very voltage sensitive especially at start up. Once they hit 12.2 volts they are at 50% and really should be charged or their life is cut short dramatically.
    sorry, I have no idea what your talking about
    battery on boat fully charged, I guess so, it runs and the volt meter says all is good and the battery is only a few months old

  2. #22
    Supporting Member iofthetaiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tanana Valley AK
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by papabear3 View Post
    sorry, I have no idea what your talking about
    battery on boat fully charged, I guess so, it runs and the volt meter says all is good and the battery is only a few months old
    "House bank" refers to the battery(s) dedicated to running your lights, appliances, electronics etc., as opposed to the battery(s) dedicated to just starting the engine(s). Or, you might just have a simple system using only one battery for everything. Regardless, many appliances are voltage sensitive and will not operate if your battery's voltage is below the cut-off level. If your battery is reading below about 13 volts you should be suspicious.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •