Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP BrownBear

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    My last personal communication with him was a few short months back when I told him I found a bunch of new .356 Winchester brass. He thanked me and said he would pass it on to a friend. Always the gentlemen, I miss his wisdom.

I have a leather butt cuff with 5 loop shell holder for my Big Bore .356 Winchester on order from Lever Gun Leather Works. It has a Brown Bear design on the cheek rest side. In respectful memory of Hank, the "Brown Bear".
    I have this thing about naming my guns. My 686 is "Butch" Ole Butchy taught this punk kid how to shoot and reload.

I have a new Toklat on the way......"Hank".... yeah, that sounds real good!

I don't do a lot of posting as you can see but when I did Mr.
    Pennington was always there willing to share his knowledge.
    Thanks Brown Bear.

I remember having to sight in my BIL's 356 after it scoped him good. We lost him to liver cancer two years ago at the age of 64 and my nephew inherited his guns. We went to Alaska in the early 90's and fished and hunted Caribou together. Swore we would be back but life had other plans for us. I imagine he and Hank would have a good laugh over that old Winchester. Love my Winchesters and my favorite is a 375 I bought a few years ago from a guy in Flagstaff in almost new condition.

Quote Originally Posted by PRDATR View Post
    I remember having to sight in my BIL's 356 after it scoped him good. We lost him to liver cancer two years ago at the age of 64 and my nephew inherited his guns. We went to Alaska in the early 90's and fished and hunted Caribou together. Swore we would be back but life had other plans for us. I imagine he and Hank would have a good laugh over that old Winchester. Love my Winchesters and my favorite is a 375 I bought a few years ago from a guy in Flagstaff in almost new condition.
    375 Winchester is one of my all time favorites as well. Hank liked em too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12