Thread: Iridium 9505A

Default Iridium 9505A

I bought this Iridium sat phone for a remote Koyukuk moose hunt in 2007 and that is the only time it was used. Has extra battery AC/DC charger, user booklet and a orange pelican case. Looks like new and batteries charged every few months. Paid over a $1,000.00 new. Asking $540.00 shipped.

PM me a phone number and I can text pics of phone, etc.

How about 500 bucks for the sat phone guys?

Is your SAT phone still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is. PM sent.

Hey jkt2008, it says you can't receive private message. If your interested in the phone let me know please.

How can I set up PMs. I am interested.

you might want to check and make sure your sat phone will connect up with the satellite system. I have an old 9505 and recently went to get a new SIM card from the sat phone guys in ANC and was told that my unit was too old to connect up with the system. Mine is only worth the value of the pelican case it is stored in. If you have used it recently then you should be good to go but if not then it would be prudent to check.

I will call Surveyors Exchange in Anchorage on Monday and ask about my sat phone. Thanks for the info!

Hey jkt2008, if you know some one on hear have them PM me your cell number and we can talk about my sat phone.

So apparently I donít have enough permissions to send receive PMs in this forum. Every other forum Iím on it works fine. Can an admin fix it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by 350mag View Post
    you might want to check and make sure your sat phone will connect up with the satellite system. I have an old 9505 and recently went to get a new SIM card from the sat phone guys in ANC and was told that my unit was too old to connect up with the system. Mine is only worth the value of the pelican case it is stored in. If you have used it recently then you should be good to go but if not then it would be prudent to check.
    I have a hunch those guys must just be trying to sell you a new phone. Mine works just fine, I get my plan through Blue Cosmo.

I'm making a call tomorrow and think I will find a sim card.

Hey jkt2008,
    Why don't you e mail the owner of the web site and explain your problem to Michael Strahn? I think you would get faster results then waiting for a mod to help out.

Just got of the phone with Surveyor's Exchange in Anchorage and they still offer sims cards for the 9505A and said it is one of their more popular models, but no longer made. I spoke to a lady name d Donna at 907-561-6501. There ya have it. I am listing it on two other places later today.

$500.00 and like new in orange Pelican case with charger, extra battery and book.