Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hawkeye Alaskan or savage brush hunter???

I have decided to wait until tax time and go with the Hawkeye Alaskan. The .338 win mag in an excellent cartridge, but I think I'll go all the way and get the .375 ruger

Quote Originally Posted by misportsman View Post
    I have decided to wait until tax time and go with the Hawkeye Alaskan. The .338 win mag in an excellent cartridge, but I think I'll go all the way and get the .375 ruger
    Ya won’t be disappointed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you enjoy the Ruger. I wanted one for years. As a Lefty shooter it was hard finding just the "right" one. As we were in the middle of our big move up here I saw some on close out, but couldn't break any cash loose until our move and house were done.
    I saw CDNN had a close out sale on LH 375 Rugers again on a slightly different model (white camo stock). Right at $600. I mtd my savings account and talked the Wife into loaning me some $ against my allowance and got one ordered before they were gone.
    I still don't have a scope for it (did not come with open sights).
    Finding brass has been slow. Midway had a sale, but has NEVER had any in stock while I've been looking. Three bears had one pack that I bought, haven't seen any more there. I got one pack off AlaskaList. Ordered a couple off MidSouthShooters but choked on the shipping so reduced it to one pac (I wrote them a note and they said if I ordered by phone I could get USPS flat rate shipping).

Good luck with yours!

+1 Savage. I was in the same boat a few years ago and picked up a Savage, I will never look back as it is extremely accurate, well made and I'm not paying for a name. I own several Savages now and my expensive, fancy Remington's and Ruger's are probably sad as they have become safe queens.
    Just my 2 cents
    Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123