Thread: Cooper Landing accident

Default Cooper Landing accident

Was stuck full stop for a couple hours on the Sterling yesterday. Heard there was a 4 car accident in Cooper Landing. Anyone have further news about it? I pray no fatalities.
    -Tim

No idea what it was. We were stuck in it to and after 30 min took off back to soldotna to fish. Heard multiple different stories but don't k ow what's true

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

We were heading north as well. Pulling two trailers in our party so couldn't turn around. After we got through the inbound back up was at least 5 miles
    -Tim

"On 7/27/19 at approximately 1423 hours AST responded to a 4-vehicle accident with injuries at mile 54 Sterling Hwy. Three subjects were transported by ground ambulance to Central Peninsula Hospital. One subject was transported by Lifemed in critical condition to Providence in Anchorage. The Sterling Highway was closed for a number of hours for emergency vehicles and scene investigation and was fully open in both directions by 2030 hours."

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Thanks Dave
    -Tim

Interesting about "one Subject and three Subjects". I hope all "Subjects" fully recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    "On 7/27/19 at approximately 1423 hours AST responded to a 4-vehicle accident with injuries at mile 54 Sterling Hwy. Three subjects were transported by ground ambulance to Central Peninsula Hospital. One subject was transported by Lifemed in critical condition to Providence in Anchorage. The Sterling Highway was closed for a number of hours for emergency vehicles and scene investigation and was fully open in both directions by 2030 hours."

Ladies and gentlemen: the story you are about to hear is true.
    Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent

They were all related. John Subject, Betty Subject, Ben Subject and Short Subject.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

If they were all visitors from another country...........I don't think they would be "Subjects".

Where as we are governed by an Oligarchy. I wonder are we considered a "Subjects"......???

That road is pathetic through there, no room for boats and trailers meeting on corners. Just look at the guard rails stained black because semi trucks literally have to scrape them with their trailers tires to make room for oncoming traffic.

For the last 40'some years the State of Alaska has tried to build a bypass up the mountain around Cooper Landing. The locals fight it tooth and nail.

We take a lot of risks to be in the outdoors but probably the most consistently dangerous thing we do is drive Alaska's roads
    -Tim

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    For the last 40'some years the State of Alaska has tried to build a bypass up the mountain around Cooper Landing. The locals fight it tooth and nail.
    A few years ago I nearly wiped out a couple of fat fishermen that were walking on the road side of the guardrail on the corner there. I was in the KW. Traffic coming at me, and here are these 2 loons on the road. I let off the throttle and the jakes come on. They turned to look and as they did their fish poles swung out in front of me. I hit the poles. I hope they were Fenwicks.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    A few years ago I nearly wiped out a couple of fat fishermen that were walking on the road side of the guardrail on the corner there. I was in the KW. Traffic coming at me, and here are these 2 loons on the road. I let off the throttle and the jakes come on. They turned to look and as they did their fish poles swung out in front of me. I hit the poles. I hope they were Fenwicks.
    I remember working on the semi trailer that decapitated a guy in (if I remember was a bronco) right there on the "s" turns overlooking the river....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!