Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenai River Personal Use Dip Net Fishery Open 24 Hours Per Day

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    My point is very obvious - that we have good years and bad years with or without "management" as seen in both the first and second runs.

Of course we can't go without regulation to keep the fishermen on all sides from over-harvesting any run.
    But when we have a less than desirable return, you like to blame it on commercial harvest, but when there's a good return then you chalk it up to nature running its course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Default fishing sucess

The comm guys do get blamed for catching too many of the fish on low run years, but no one blames the comm guys on the bad first run years.

There was certainly a lot of blame last year by all parties on everything except nature. Global cooling/ warming / whatever is always a popular dog to kick for the comm guys.

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    But when we have a less than desirable return, you like to blame it on commercial harvest, but when there's a good return then you chalk it up to nature running its course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12