Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tier Ii Results

Default Tier Ii Results

So Does Anyone Think That The "new" Results Will Actually Be Out Today???? How Do You Think You Will Fair? I Am Pretty Sure I Will Lose Mine. But At Least Everyone Will Have A Fair Chance Now Regardless Of Money.

Default Longevity Bonus Hunt

Don't really know or care. Of course it will not be fair. TIER II is set up to be inherently unfair and to reward dishonesty.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by crossfoxAK View Post
    So Does Anyone Think That The "new" Results Will Actually Be Out Today????...
    Maybe, maybe not.

...How Do You Think You Will Fair?...
    Fair to middlin'.

....I Am Pretty Sure I Will Lose Mine...
    I'm certain my daughter lost her opportunity.

...But At Least Everyone Will Have A Fair Chance Now Regardless Of Money.
    It will be scored differently, and no; everyone will not have a fair chance.

That can only happen if the hunt is a general draw.

Default Posted at or around 5:00 pm

Quote Originally Posted by crossfoxAK View Post
    So Does Anyone Think That The "new" Results Will Actually Be Out Today???? How Do You Think You Will Fair? I Am Pretty Sure I Will Lose Mine. But At Least Everyone Will Have A Fair Chance Now Regardless Of Money.
    According to the website, they are preparing the results for posting and should be up around 5:00pm today.

look up your name. I know they say 5:00 pm, but the new results are out now.

nobody that I know lost their permit and a few new people got one.

How did everyone else do?

Default Look Up Your Name

I Looked Up My Name... I Know That It Says That I Did Not Win A Tier 2 Permit, But It Says The Results For Tier 2 Are Still Pending. Previously Before The Court Order It Said I Did. So I Guess I Might Have Lost Mine.

They are NOT out as of 4:15, it says it's pending. So, if anyone says it is out now, post a link.

Kurt

Default One Down

Well I Lost My Permit... Oh Well Guess I Will Go Sheep Hunting Or Something Now...

Default The State giveth and the State taketh away

Add one more to the list who got the shaft. Could have been a hero, but zeroed.

Default sucks for me

I had one and i lost it. i guess i will be the next one to file a lawsuit,,,,"why did i get one and then get it taken away" "i had one and lost it" "i spent all this money preparing for the hunt and now it is wasted" "i followed all of the rules and sent my application in on time and they still gave it to someone who didn't" etc, etc,
    whine whine whine.
    o well i guess i will let someone who really needs the meat have it, (yeah right)
    the bottom line is that i find it somewhat comical that in nebraska where i grew up our one deer a year was a blessing and now when people dont get a easy caribou tag to take along with their moose, sheep, goat, salmon, halibut, etc, they whine and sue the state.

I can't believe the whining I'm reading on here. Aren't there some fish out there that need to be caught? In the 30 years (life) we have been here in Alaska my wife and I have had two good years where we have pulled caribou permits. We didnt get ANY this year, the first time around OR the second time around. Which is fine! I figure we can have our chance at it some other year. Am I greedy enough to sit on an internet website and complain about it? Heck no! Im glad for those who have the chance to go this year, income or no income.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrinkster View Post
    and now when people dont get a easy caribou tag to take along with their moose, sheep, goat, salmon, halibut, etc, they whine and sue the state.
    When you get old enough for a Tier II Caribou Permit, you sort of loose interest in them big old Moose and Halibut. Sheep and Goat??? You have got to be kiddn'. It'll be tough enough on the old timers just packing out the Caribou hide, head and guts. Unless of course one of them Moose runs across the road, then they are in jeapordy.
    PS:
    Don't take this too seriously, it is only what we accept or challenge.

Default ????

Is that how the tier II works??? you have to be old??? if that is the case then lets just send them to freddies with some food stamps. it needs to be fair. send in your application......see whether you get a tag...... NOT send in your application, find out you don't get your tag, throw a fit, file a lawsuit and then get your tag. just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrinkster View Post
    Is that how the tier II works??? you have to be old??? if that is the case then lets just send them to freddies with some food stamps. it needs to be fair. send in your application......see whether you get a tag...... NOT send in your application, find out you don't get your tag, throw a fit, file a lawsuit and then get your tag. just my 2 cents.
    I agree, but we have all seen, wishing for that to happen is not going to change the current system we have seemingly accepted. It will take you and others with similar desires to change the system. Now how do you do that? Well, you can submit your proposals the BOG or Sue the state. Which do you think is going to get the changes made?
    And yes, currently you have to be old to qualify. How else would one gain enough points, otherwise? Matter of fact, I didn't even know Freddies is selling caribou now. The state systems don't have to be fair, they only have to be equal. They have to demonstrate to the courts, that you have been discriminated against in an equal fashion.

I have a good friend with 6 kids, all adopted, that drew during the first Tier II app process and has now lost it after they re-did the selection. If I am fortunate enough to bag a moose I will be giving him some of it. I feel bad for him but what can you do.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    I have a good friend with 6 kids, all adopted, that drew during the first Tier II app process and has now lost it after they re-did the selection. If I am fortunate enough to bag a moose I will be giving him some of it. I feel bad for him but what can you do.
    Join him in suing the state. Suggest he do this very quickly and also tell him to sign up for the road kill program. He might have to do it through a church or other charitable organization. He might also contact some of the air taxi's or guides and see if they will have left overs, some have too much meat to ship out of state.

Well I had one and lost it .what a mess!

This Tier II system is soooo ***** up. The BoG, F&G, whatever, etc, need to put OUR money to work and come up with something different.
    Last edited by Brian M; 07-29-2007 at 23:45. Reason: language

I'm certain my daughter lost her opportunity.
    [/QUOTE]

Mark,
    Perhaps not, if you get yours back, couldn't you "TRANSFER" yours to your daughter, without going through the proxy deal. I sort of remember that being one of the new changes for this year. One more way to start her gaining on the points deal, as I am sure this is what the BOG had in mind, to start weaning the haves and introducing the have nots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast