Thread: PWS Shrimp - Thanks Potbuilder

Default PWS Shrimp - Thanks Potbuilder

Just a note to thank Pot builder for his advice on shrimping in the sound. I have fished for about everything else down there and was intrigued by the shrimp. Did some research and bought a couple of pots from pot builder and listened closely to the wisdom he was more than willing to share. Hit the sound and on the first try had some success. - Now for that puller!

Glad they worked out well. It is addicting! I'm up to right around 2000 shrimp for the summer and going back for more!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Default Thank You Raven

Well thank you very much for the great feedback Raven. It ain't wisdom i got its just common sense & being a bit fishy. I like the 3rd picture the best(the reward). If you can wait i'll be selling pot haulers & all the other goodies to go shrimp'in next season.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

It's always exciting to look down into the water and see orange as the pot comes up.

Question Cost of pots and gear?

I am heading to Valdez in a few weeks and was considering trying for some shrimp too. About how much would I have to invest to get three pots and the necessary rigs?

Nice looking shrimp rambling Raven! You have to love fresh shrimp on the grill nothing better!

God I'm so envious.. I can't wait till I'm pulling those suckers out of the depths.

Red face a little something else

I'll tell ya something else about Potbuilder; I sent Steve the money for 3 pots but I sort of hit a snag at the Canadian border, some nonsense about me bringing a pistol into their country (packed so deep in my stuff that it took them 90 minutes to get to it) and had to postpone my move to Alaska. He sent ALL of the money back! I could hardly believe it. Integrity is a hard-to-come-by item in todays world. Somehow, someway, I will be up there within the next few months and I'll get me some pots and some of those beautiful PWS shrimps!!

Quote Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    I am heading to Valdez in a few weeks and was considering trying for some shrimp too. About how much would I have to invest to get three pots and the necessary rigs?
    By the time your done with pots,bait jars, rope, bouy/bouys & bait you'll be aprox $300 for 3 pots rigged and ready to go. Please email me if you have any questions.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by trapperrick View Post
    I'll tell ya something else about Potbuilder; I sent Steve the money for 3 pots but I sort of hit a snag at the Canadian border, some nonsense about me bringing a pistol into their country (packed so deep in my stuff that it took them 90 minutes to get to it) and had to postpone my move to Alaska. He sent ALL of the money back! I could hardly believe it. Integrity is a hard-to-come-by item in todays world. Somehow, someway, I will be up there within the next few months and I'll get me some pots and some of those beautiful PWS shrimps!!
    Thanks Ricks, it was only the right thing to do. You better hurry and get here shrimp'in season ends on sept 15th but the shrimp are already showing more eggs(eggers) and in my opinion they should be left alone to spawn and they also seem to get more chalky(softer tail meat) as the season goes on.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692