Thread: Lower Yukon Travel Time and Distance

Default Lower Yukon Travel Time and Distance

Is there any record of the average travel time and distance from the Bridge down to each village in a Power Boat?

Quote Originally Posted by akbrnbear View Post
    Is there any record of the average travel time and distance from the Bridge down to each village in a Power Boat?
    Time will be speed dependant. Here are some distances.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

I've been to 3day. Thinking about unit 18 down to Russian Mission. Trying to figure out if the trip is doable with enough time to hunt on a round trip from Anchorage to Russian Mission and back in 12 days.

Russian Mission is couple hours below Holy Cross. Knew a guy that took 4 days to get to holy cross. So, 9 days RT and I think you’d be ok on hunting time. I’d consider unit 21 instead of 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbrnbear View Post
    I've been to 3day. Thinking about unit 18 down to Russian Mission. Trying to figure out if the trip is doable with enough time to hunt on a round trip from Anchorage to Russian Mission and back in 12 days.

We ran from the bridge to the mouth of the Koyukuk in one day, we had fairly good weather and only stopped for about 20 min in ruby. We pulled into the slough just above the river mouth just as it got too dark to run. We averaged about 33-35 mph going down and 27-28 coming back out in a 18' sea ark with a 115 prop. Carried 180 gal of fuel and refueled under power. It really depends on how many hours a day you can stare out the windshield. Numerous people told us it couldn't be done in a day, we got a bit of a late start and still got it done.

there's a good place to refuel close to Ruby. Yukon River Lodge. They have a hose that goes to the river so you don't have to haul drums or pay someone. Last fall it was cheaper than Ruby too. They are about 9 miles upriver of Ruby on the North side of the river.

+1 on Yukon River Lodge, they're actually about 19 miles upriver from Ruby on the North bank. They also have rooms/showers available, and the best prices on the river.

We’re located 15 miles above Ruby and 103 below Tanana on the North bank. About 30 below the Novi.