Thread: Cook inlet sockeye travel time from test fishery to the mouth of the Kenai?

Default Cook inlet sockeye travel time from test fishery to the mouth of the Kenai?

How many days it typically takes the sockey located in Cook inlet test fishery area to reach the mouth of the Kenai? I've forgotten. Can someone help me out?

Hard to pin-point, but "they" generally say about 3 days. But I'm no expert on the subject. This info is 9th-hand.
    My signature is awesome.

I've read the same. About 3 days. But I have also read they will sometimes swim around for longer if there's calm weather.

Thanks. I feel like 3-ish days sounds right. A huge day on the test fishery yesterday! (181 fish)

My personal opinion is 2 days to the mouth of the Kenai from the OTF and 3 days to the counter located at river mile 19. Based on my own personal observations I don't think they head up to the counter until a day after they hit the mouth. I've heard they need to acclimate to change in salinity once they hit the mouth before they head straight up. But that's just my guess.