Thread: Tilt Cylinder leak 2006 Suzuki DF 140

Default Tilt Cylinder leak 2006 Suzuki DF 140

Looking for mechanic to replace tilt cylinder o-ring and wiper seals. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had a pair of 2006 DF140's and now have a pair of 2004 DF140's. I had a small weep of oil, not dripping from the tilt cylinder on one of the 2006's. Anchorage Yamaha, recommended not replacing unless noticeable drop in oil level. I have not replaced those seals but found with the shop manual, much of the maintenance is fairly easy: Sparkplugs, engine zincs, fuel filters, water pumps, etc. Haven't found a local shop yet that keeps even common parts in stock so I order everything from Brown's Point Marine, online with fair shipping prices.

Unfortunately, I am having to refill the hydraulic fluid in order to get the port motor to rise after a couple of days out. The leak seems small, but I get a pretty good sheen on the water and I can see the fluid on top of the cylinder. I’m going to contact Brown’s Point Marine per your suggestion. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences. I wish I were more mechanical or had access to someone locally who know more about marine issues. I find myself getting most work done in Homer.