Thread: Suzuki DF 20 on an HB Mileage

Default Suzuki DF 20 on an HB Mileage

First long-ish trip on the new rig, and a rough calc. is giving me ~11 MPG. Curious what others are getting mileage wise on their rigs?
    Still not broken in yet.
    Fighting gravity is never cheap.

That sounds very positive. Do you have any estimates on your load and what speeds you were running?

Thanks
    Mike

Sounds good to me. I run 2018 Mercury 4 stroke 5hp short shaft on an Old town Discovery square stern that is 17' 4" and approx 44" at its widest and get 16-18mpg

Quote Originally Posted by HC130FE View Post
    That sounds very positive. Do you have any estimates on your load and what speeds you were running?

Thanks
    Mike
    Load was 2 guys and a bunch of overnight ear and 2 dogs, so maybe 6-700 lbs. Lake was rough, so moving slow. Mostly 1/2 throttle-ish as its still in break in. Was impressed at the ride quality in rough water over my old Wooldridge Sport. Love the displacement hull.
    Fighting gravity is never cheap.

My 20 Suzuki on the HB with same load does 12+mpg with similar load and running 16-17 mph but when I throttle back to 10mph the mileage increases significantly to closer to 20mpg. I think my prop is a 10 pitch.

Default Scott Albany Mileage

After a number of years without a freighter I've re entered that world. I got an Albany in Whitehorse this spring. Just did a shakedown
    cruise. Fairbanks down the Tanana to the Tolovana. Up it into Minto Flats and back to Fairbanks. About 325 miles. I kept careful records.
    With a 10 HP 4 stroke Tohatsu I got 12 mpg upriver average and 24 downriver average. I took 30 gallons. 90 pound Malamute. Lots of food and my 195 pound self. And camping gear. Incredibly efficient. I burned exactly 18 gallons with equal up and down river. If I was planning a trip I'd figure 16/17 average out and back. This was at 1/2 throttle.

age wise on their rigs?
    Still not broken in yet.[/QUOTE]