Thread: Land Anchors

Default Land Anchors

Got a Honda Pioneer 1000-5, 2016. Looking for a Land anchor. What are the recommendations out there and where to buy from?

I have a Pull Pall that fits on the floor of the back seat of my Ranger Crew (has a nice case) and it is the very heavy duty one that I can use with my truck also. Extremely well made. Nice folks at Trail Toyz in the Valley set me up with it. I know many people improvise or use boat anchors for lighter vehicles, and this one is likely over kill, but I know I can count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth Hunter View Post
    Got a Honda Pioneer 1000-5, 2016. Looking for a Land anchor. What are the recommendations out there and where to buy from?
    North Star Fabworks, in North Pole, makes some awesome ones, you can check them out on Facebook. There's several fabricators I'm sure could whip one up for you if you show them what you want.

Another vote for Northstar Fabworks. I love mine and it folds up nice and small compared to the large Pull Palls.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by bashley View Post
    North Star Fabworks, in North Pole, makes some awesome ones, you can check them out on Facebook. There's several fabricators I'm sure could whip one up for you if you show them what you want.
    I just looked at their Facebook- those anchors look really nice! Wish I had known about them earlier.

Does anyone in the Wasilla/Anchorage area sale the NSF anchor? Thanks.

@akarmy, If you give him a call at (907)322-5132 he will get it in the mail with a quickness.

I bought one during moose season at Northstar Motorsports in Wasilla. It looks like a piece of artwork and sells for $200. We used it a handful of times during the moose hunt and it worked very well. I think a land anchor like that is almost mandatory with thee big side by sides.

Same same. Guys name is Jash, he makes them and sells them out of Northstar Motorsports. If you canít find one I can get you in touch with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

An old tire works. So does a Danforth anchor.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Same same. Guys name is Jash, he makes them and sells them out of Northstar Motorsports. If you canít find one I can get you in touch with him.

Hello TWB, can you get me his contact information. Thanks in advance.

Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJoe View Post
    Hello TWB, can you get me his contact information. Thanks in advance.

Joseph
    Same concept but different builder...Midnight Sun Metalaworks in Wasilla has them on the shelf. 907-521-6980

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

You could always go with duckbills. They sell them at AIH. They pound into the ground with a steel rod, turn sideways, then give you a steel cable eye to winch off of. They cost a heck of a lot less than the other mentioned options.

Be forewarned, that digging them back out afterwards can be a PITA.

Attachment 98501
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ