Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seward Silvers 2019

I found them really bad the week before as well. This trip they werent nearly as bad. Only had to clean the junk off twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNyback View Post
    Any report on the Jelly fish?? Couple of weekends they were so bad, downriggers were almost worthless. Any tips?
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Kings View Post
    I found them really bad the week before as well. This trip they werent nearly as bad. Only had to clean the junk off twice.
    You know its bad when you have to clean jellies off your junk!!!!

A couple weekends ago you couldn't fish Driftwood, just too many of the brown bastids.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Trolled east side of Day Harbor, mooched in Driftwood Bay, Cheval and Pony Cove on 7/10. 4 Silvers and 4 Pinks. We didn't get skunked but almost! The brown jellies are still bad.

Today Pony was ok for The jelly fish, but slow. Lots of boats but not many fish. We went to Chevel after only a couple of silvers at Pony. The jelly fish were horrible and we left. Checked out a few places closer in and picked up a king, and a few more silver and pinks. Total for the day was: 4 silver and 1 king
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Spent Sunday night around Pony cove trolling. Tons and tons of jellyfish, it made downriggers pointless. We could still mooch, but even then we were picking up jellies pretty fast. We ended up giving up and fishing elsewhere.

They are thick this year.

We fished Friday and Saturday. Friday we kept 14 silvers and released lots of pinks. Jelly fish gave us a lot of practice of setting out the downriggers! Saturday I fished shallow to stay out of the jellies and we kept 19 including one small king and again lots of pinks.

Had anyone been out this week? Curious if the jellies are still there and if the fish are still around?

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Had anyone been out this week? Curious if the jellies are still there and if the fish are still around?

I think all the guy who have posted with in the last 7 days fit that bill.
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan54 View Post
    I think all the guy who have posted with in the last 7 days fit that bill.
    I was out there this past Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and the reports posted were from theb as well. The bliw seemed to slow each day so I was looking to see if mie fishhad moved in Tuesday/ wednesday, trying to decide if I want to head that way on Friday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12