Thread: Remington 600 barrel channel

Default Remington 600 barrel channel

Would any of you gentlemen know if the magnum barrel channel is any larger than the standard calibers? I'm in the process of buying a used stock that originally was used on a 350 Mag. Mine is a 308. Should I steer clear?

I have a magnum contour Model 7, if itís the same contour I had to sand about 1/8Ē with sand paper wrapped around a dowel rod to switch from my 308 to the magnum.

I have yet to begin to procrastinate

I guess I would have to find a way to fill that same void to use my .308 in the magnum stock. Not an easy chore I'm afraid. But such a beautiful piece of wood!

I took the plunge! Very happy with the fit. No more space than if it was free floated. The bedding fits well but may redo anyway The Numrich guard mays for a more secure feel than the OE plastic.

Good to hear! After sanding mine out and switching it back, the gap isnít obvious. Can we see that gorgeous wood? Iíve been thinking about buying a CDL stock for my WSM, I love stainless wood combos.

I have yet to begin to procrastinate

I'll try some pics when it's assembled. My order for a steel trigger guard is on hold due to the holiday. I was hoping to find a used one, but c'est la vie' It doesn't have enormous figure but it's beautiful in it's simplicity. nice old Limbsaver pad to help my boney shoulders. Same here on the stainless and wood, just love the contrast.